PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Miserable...

khakismom
05-15-2003, 01:22 PM
The past 24 hours have been awful. First of all, my baby is in Florida with her grandparents. She left yesterday for a 2 week visit with them, and I miss her desperately! I cried the whole way home from the airport. I know she will have a great time but I miss her, and of course, was panicked about the flight and everything else!

Then, I've had this funky growth on my left middle finger for a few weeks and finally went to have it checked out last week. Primary care doc took one look at it, called it a "pyogenic granuloma", and then proceeded to refer me to a hand plastic surgeon for its removal. :o My appt with the surgeon was today after waiting for a week in agony as it is painful and bleeds at the drop of a hat. The doc offered to remove it today (bless him!), which he did. Only now I am in so much more pain! My finger is still numb from the local he gave me--and all I can take is Tylenol for the pain!

I'm sorry to bemoan, but I just feel like going home, crying, and sleeping. And of course, to top it all off, I am 36 weeks PG and feeling yucky anyway. :(

And even though DD being gone is probably a good thing so I can relax and let my finger heal, I miss her presence, knowing she would take away my thinking about it. And, of course, give Mommy's boo-boo lots of kisses! Sorry this was so long and thank you for letting me vent. I feel better just writing this! Thanks!

...Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Ellen EDD 6/12/03

celfsh
05-15-2003, 03:47 PM
Maureen,

I am so sorry you're having a rough day! Feel free to vent as much as you want! I don't blame you for missing Kathleen, although if it makes you feel any better I'm sure she is having a blast with her grandparents! Maybe DH could treat you to a nice evening out (dinner, show, etc.) to get your mind off things...?

Thinking of you and hoping you feel better soon!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

sweetbasil
05-15-2003, 03:52 PM
Hoping Kathleen is home soon to love on her mommy, and that little Ellen isn't too far behind in coming :)

Take care, Maureen- we're always glad to offer well-wishes and commiserate! Hope you're feeling better soon!

mamahill
05-15-2003, 04:03 PM
Oh Maureen! :( I'm sad for you. Hopefully, like you said, you will be able to relax and spend some "me-time" over the next few days. Sending hugs your way...

ddmarsh
05-15-2003, 04:26 PM
Maureen I don't know if this will help, but I always think it's better in a way for the kids to have visits with the relatives without our influence. I think they are able to get a different kind of interaction without us around and they can "seek out" the relatives more - I really feel like it adds to their bond to spend time alone with them. So maybe if you look at it like you're helping to foster the relationship btwn DD and your parents maybe that will help ease the loneliness.

Here's to a visit that passes quickly and I hope your finger feels better soon :).

COElizabeth
05-15-2003, 04:35 PM
Maureen,

What a bummer! I think you should insist that your DH spoil you lots - rent the movie of your choice, bring you several magazines and books, serve you a nice dinner in bed (ordered in if he doesn't have time to cook), etc. And I am glad at least you got your finger taken care of today. I hope it's healed quickly so you're ready to celebrate when Khaki comes home to tell you about her adventures!

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

Annette_C
05-15-2003, 11:24 PM
Maureen,
Sorry you're having such a bad day.
Try to concentrate on the positive sides of your situation....like, your finger hurts but you no longer have that growth there. I hope by tomorrow, your pain will be gone.
I know you miss your little girl but look at it as a "me-time" especially since you'll soon be having another little one and no "me-time" for a while! Use the free time to do some fun things....alone and with DH.
I hope you feel better.
"Making your boo-boo feel better" Hugs going your way!
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

mharling
05-16-2003, 12:41 AM
Oh Maureen, I'm so sorry to hear how miserable you're feeling!! Glad that venting has made you feel better. I'll be thinking about you and hoping for a speedy recovery.

Mary
Mommy to Lane Michael 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33928e40550

jojo2324
05-16-2003, 08:13 AM
Oh Maureen, I'm so sorry! I always kid about having time to myself, but when I actually do find some, it's always waaaaaaay too quiet and I just don't like it. Things don't seem right, you know?

I am glad that your PCP was able to diagnose you so promptly! The upside to that is that you can let your finger heal without having to chase around a toddler.

Hope these two weeks fly and that (both!) your babies come home soon! :D