PDA

View Full Version : Tra la la! La la la! Tra laaaaaaaaa!

Rachels
05-16-2003, 06:44 AM
I love Dr. Sears. Abigail has had a cold for over a week, and our usually-iffy sleep has been so compromised. But last night I was browsing the Sears website and found the correct medicine to try, and she was comfortable and SLEPT ALL NIGHT!!!!!!!! Since she has done this exactly three times in her life, I am dancing gleefully around the house. Tra la la la laaaaa!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mama2be
05-16-2003, 08:04 AM
Yay Abigail!!!!...and Dr Sears...and mommy!!!!
Here's to more nights of sleep!!!

nathansmom
05-16-2003, 08:05 AM
I'm glad you both were able to get some much needed sleep. I hope it continues.

kathsmom
05-16-2003, 08:09 AM
Yippee! I am so glad that she slept through the night! I need the address for Dr. Sears website, because we were up all night with Andrew - I can't tell if it's a cold or the beginnings of an ear infection!

I hope she feels totally well soon. Are you feeling better? I remember you posted that both of you were sick.

Take care!
edited because I can't spell!
Toni mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

momtoemma
05-16-2003, 08:09 AM
I'm curious...which medicine worked for you?

Thanks,
Stephanie

Shirale
05-16-2003, 08:42 AM
Hooray for sleep and Dr. Sears!!!!!!

Rachels
05-16-2003, 09:15 AM
It's www.askdrsears.com , then click on Medicine Cabinet. I searched by symptom. She's had this awful congestion, but also a runny nose. Decongestants were keeping her awake, and antihistamines were doing pretty much nothing. (I have the one child in the world who doesn't get sleepy on Benadryl.) The answer turned out to be Children's Tylenol Plus Cold (3/4 tsp). Apparently Vick's Children's Dayquil Allergy would also have worked, but the drugstore didn't have it. 30 minutes after I gave her the stuff, though, she was playing happily, and then she slept GREAT. I'm sooooooo glad. She has been sick for a week.

I'm feeling much better. Thanks for asking. Mine instantaneously became a sinus infection, so I'm on antibiotics.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Karenn
05-16-2003, 11:08 AM
Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! I'm so happy for you!

egoldber
05-16-2003, 02:39 PM
What a blessed thing a full night's sleep is!

atlbaby
05-16-2003, 02:43 PM
Hooray! Isn't it amazing what a wonderful night of sleep can do (for baby AND mommy!) I've used Tylenol +Cold before, and it's always helped Arielle--plus you don't have to give them two types of medicine since it's all-in-one!

Hope tonight is a repeat performance!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

flagger
05-19-2003, 11:31 AM
I am glad she is feeling better, but I have to admit that I am showing my age when I first saw this post.

The theme from the Banana Splits TV show came to my mind, now it won't leave it:

http://www.thebananasplits.com/sound/trala.mp3

Just had to share, so someone else can have it in their head as well. :)