PDA

View Full Version : Jeannie's Kids Club & Little Folks ?

mam615
05-16-2003, 03:34 PM
Have you shopped at either of these online stores? I want to order the WaterRoo mesh pouch from Jeannie's and the Pepeny stroller shade from Little Folks. I wish I could find one site that sold both, but these seem to be the exclusive etailers of each. I've never seen either in an actual store either. Anyway, your opinions on either of these websites would be very helpful. Thanks!

Edited to add: cross-posted in cyberbaby.

hbangthompson
05-16-2003, 11:44 PM
I ordered a couple of pairs of padders from Jeannie's and I would never order anything from them again. They have a thing where you can have a free trial membership in "the club" for discounts, and you don't have to pay if cancel your membership before 3 months. I ordered and heard nothing from them for weeks. Then I got one pair. Then nothing. And meantime, I email them, call them. Nothing. No answer. And like 3 months later, I let the phone ring (on speakerphone) for like 20 minutes. Someone answers and she says they were having problems (for 3 months???) with their phones. I cancel, and tell them I don't want anything else because my son has grown out of the sizes I ordered. She says everything is canceled, but three weeks later, I get another pair of padders and my Amex is charged for them. Maybe they've fixed their problems, but I wouldn't order from them. I don't trust them.

dogmom
05-17-2003, 09:16 AM
I ordered two items from Little Folks. They are a brick & mortar store in NY, and I don't think they are big. I had a good experience and a couple of things went wrong that weren't there fault. UPS damaged the Combi highchair my mother bought me and they had to wait for the claim to come through to credit me. I then used the balance of the credit to buy a Marathon Car Seat, which was back ordered a few days. They weren't as smooth as some operations might be, but they always replied to their emails withing 24 hours and you can call them direct and get a person right away.

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03

parkersmama
05-18-2003, 06:25 PM
I haven't used either website but had a thought on the mesh pouch. You might want to check out the mesh slings at www.kangarookorner.com They are a similar concept to the mesh pouch you mentioned. The reason that I personally might prefer the mesh sling from KK are that it holds the baby up higher meaning you can go into slightly deeper water without submerging (!!) the baby and having the baby held higher up is *much* easier on your back. Wearing the baby low like in this sling is hard on your lower back. Hope this helps, even though I didn't answer the real question you had! LOL!