PDA

View Full Version : Update- Now 11 days overdue

jennifer13
05-19-2003, 05:44 AM
And I haven't had one contraction. The only things I have left to try are acupuncture and castor oil. I just don't think I can handle the castor oil, it seems like it could be worse than pitocin. I'll be induced Thursday if I don't go on my own before then. Rhonda36- did you have your baby?

Send contraction vibes my way!

Jennifer
DD due 5/8/03

bnme
05-19-2003, 06:24 AM
OOOh, I fee for you! I had my DS 10 days late and waiting wasn't fun. I also had no contractions until the night I went into labor. No braxton-hicks or anything. I also was not dialated when I went to the Dr 2 days before labor began. Have faith, it could be any minute!

I did do jumping jacks and jog around my house abit, but I don't think it actually helped. It got annoying with everyone giving labor-iducing suggestions! "Go for a bumpy ride" Urrgh!

Sending vibes....

Good luck and hang in there!!! It will be soon!

August Mom
05-19-2003, 07:34 AM
I can relate too. DS arrived 13 days late. I went into labor in the middle of the night before I was scheduled to be induced. I didn't have any contractions before that either and there wasn't much progress reported on my trips to the doctor. I don't have any suggestions on labor-inducing. I had DH take me out to our favorite restaurant for my "last meal" LOL. Maybe it was that great steak that made DS want to enter the world. I'll never know. One way or the other, you will have a precious baby in a matter of days. I know that it's hard to wait (especially with everyone saying "You haven't had that baby yet?"...ugh, no) but a new stage in your life is about to begin and that will make the wait worth it. Good luck.

jojo2324
05-19-2003, 07:37 AM
Jennifer, thinking of you and your little one on the way. Hang in there, and keep us posted!! :D

atlbaby
05-19-2003, 09:30 AM
Jennifer,
I'm sure the waiting is agony!!! I'm sending lots of contraction vibes your way, and hope that things get started VERY soon!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

loewymartin
05-19-2003, 12:17 PM
Oh no! I was thinking of you this weekend and wondering if you had the baby yet. Friends of mine are due today and she's very anxious too.

You obviously are going to be a great mom - you are already making a very hospitable environment for that baby - so much so that the baby doesn't want to come out yet :-)

Sending labor vibes your way...

Michelle - Mom to Alia Jailin born 5/16/02

sweetbasil
05-19-2003, 12:35 PM
You're in my thoughts and prayers, Jennifer. Waiting past your due date is NO fun at all. Take it easy, and try to enjoy these last few days of doing what you want, when you want (for the most part!), because that sweet little baby will be here any time! :)

parkersmama
05-19-2003, 03:45 PM
Oh, I soooo feel for you!! I only had to wait 6 days past my due date and thought I'd go stark raving mad!! And, hey, not having the contractions is something you can count your blessings on (trying to put a positive spin here!)...I had terrible, painful contractions for more than a month but still no dilitation until I actually went into labor! So at least you're not having to endure contractions at this point. I'm sending LOTS of labor vibes your way and hoping you don't have to induce!!

jennifer13
05-19-2003, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the thoughts everybody. It REALLY helps. Hearing that people went into labor without any previous contractions/dilation is very encouraging!

I had acupuncture today- it was really powerful, I think it may be just what I needed.

momathome
05-19-2003, 09:18 PM
Best of luck for a quick, safe, healthy delivery for you and your baby!
-Lauren

StaceyKim
05-23-2003, 07:41 AM
Hi
I was also 11 days overdue and DS would have never been born if I didn't get induced because he was not fitting through the birth canal (thank g-d for modern medicine) and ended up being delivered via CS. I totally feel for you but remember NO PREGNANCY EVER LASTED FOREVER! You will have your baby VERY soon.
Good luck and keep us posted!!!!

sntm
05-24-2003, 12:25 AM
good luck, Jennifer!
one of the nurses in the SICU gave me a smart hint on the castor oil, if you end up doing that. it is fat-soluble, so she took it in milk (not skim) and it was a lot more palatable.

sending <<<vibes>>>

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03