PDA

View Full Version : Looking for fun first Father's Day gift ideas

momtoemma
05-19-2003, 10:05 AM
What are you moms cooking up for DH's first father's day? I want to do something fun for DH and try to find a meaningful gift to show him how much I appreciate him and what a great dad I think he is. Do you have any fun ideas?

Thanks,
Stephanie

cchavez
05-19-2003, 11:35 AM
dH LOVES THE MOVIE THE ROOKIE.,..GETTING THE DVD FOR HIME SO HE CAN WATCH IT W/ DS WHEN HE IS BIGGER....

DDowning
05-19-2003, 11:48 AM
DS will be here just before Father's day and I've decided to do one of those mold things of ds's hand so dh can put it in his office. I also want to get a "Father-Son" picture frame and put one of his birth pictures in there.

nigele
05-19-2003, 12:08 PM
Well, the morning of my baby's eye surgery, I gave him a sign to hold that said "Dr. Buckley is fixing my eye today!" then took his picture for his scrapbook. His Daddy loves that photo so I thought I would do a Father's Day version for him. I'll take a picture of DS holding a sign that says "I love Daddy" or "Happy Father's Day" and either put it in a frame or make a mug or something with the photo.

I can't wait to see the other posts and hear about what everyone else is planning!

loewymartin
05-19-2003, 12:19 PM
That's a cute idea Lisa! I think I may borrow that one :-)

Ken does woodworking, so last year we bought him a branding iron with his name on it so he can "brand" the bookshelves, tables, jewelry box etc that he's made. This year I'm ordering him vanity license plates. He owns his own company, and wants his license plate to have the company name on it...boring, but I know he will enjoy it.

Michelle - Mom to Alia Jailin born 5/16/02

westgre
05-19-2003, 03:03 PM
Where do you get those mold kits? I thought that would be a great gift too!

Rachels
05-19-2003, 03:28 PM
Last year I gave DH an engraved frame with her photo for his desk, and a bunch of daddy-related picture books to read to her. Our fave is *Daddy is a Doodlebug* -- ADORABLE!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

parkersmama
05-19-2003, 03:38 PM
Ooh! I LOVE that book, too! Both my kids really enjoy it.

August Mom
05-19-2003, 04:19 PM
We got ours at the Discovery Channnel Store. I've also seen them at BRU and the Picture People. HTH

Jen841
05-19-2003, 05:39 PM
I have seen them at BRU, Right Start and PBK.

flagger
05-19-2003, 05:43 PM
>Where do you get those mold kits? I thought that would be a
>great gift too!

I picked up this one for Ms. Flagger for Mother's Day.

http://www.redenvelope.com/re/gifts/product_display/product_information.jsp?nc=111116&BV_SessionID=@@@@0282837646.1053383405@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdcadcifmllgkkcefecefedfgfdfmh.0&bct2=search&bcp2=9&refPg=%2fproduct_search%2fsearch_results.jsp&oid=4322471

Be sure to check that they do not send you more emails unless you want them. I used one of my throw away email addresses and I hear from them weekly now. (I forget if I checked it or not)

kfcboston
05-19-2003, 07:04 PM
I found that book and others on Amazon, but it describes them as for pre-schoolers? Obviously, I don't have any experience reading to DS (except in utero!), so I'm wondering if we'd be reading them to Charlie anytime soon (in the next year?)?

parkersmama
05-20-2003, 02:12 PM
I'd say that "Daddy is a Doodlebug" is a book for toddlers and preschoolers. Starting around 12 months or maybe 15 months. Another book by the same author that's great for younger babes but isn't about dads is "Jamberry". It's a terrific rhyming book!!