PDA

View Full Version : HSN breakdown

jojo2324
05-19-2003, 03:28 PM
A while back I posted about my growing awe of the Home Shopping Network. Well, you'll be happy to know that while I was visiting Sarah in CA, I ordered myself a portable steam cleaner. I couldn't help myself!! I guess I was feeling a little crazy, being on vacation and all. :D

Poor Sarah...She thought I was on the phone with my DH, until she saw what was on TV and heard me rattling off my credit card number. And Sarah's DH definitely had a smirk on his face when he saw what I was up to. He was probably relieved that his wife wasn't as loony!

Anyhoo, I got my package today and I am so excited! I haven't even opened it yet, but I can't wait to try it out on my wood floors. (That's the part of their demo that really truly sold me.) I'll let you know how it goes! :D

PS...Next up on my list....The Turbo Cooker! Does anyone have it? I cannot turn that infomercial off to save my life! :D

sweetbasil
05-19-2003, 03:35 PM
Joanne, you're such a crack-up! I've got the turbo cooker. My mom started watching infomercials and went on a spree- she'd get three of everything, one for her and one for me and my sister. She ended up getting our turbo cookers on eBay though (I, unfortunately, showed her how to bid, and as a result, created an eBay monster)!

She and my sister use theirs all the time- I haven't broken mine out of the box yet, though. If it's not dishwasher safe, I have a hard time wanting to use it. I know, lazy, lazy. She also got us the Revo hair styler, which I've used occasionally....she bought the Showtime Rotisserie grill, but only for herself (the one I might've really liked having ;))

nathansmom
05-19-2003, 03:36 PM
My sister has the turbo cooker and loves it.

I am not allowed to watch the HSN for that reason. I am not allowed to leave the house with credit cards or the checkbook. My dh has banned my purchasing anything without him present. I'll send you an email and share the way I get around this. I think you will love it.

kathsmom
05-19-2003, 05:57 PM
Joanne,

You are too funny! What is the turbo cooker? I don't recall seeing it, but if you describe it, I might know what you're talking about. I love getting things in the mail! Let me know how you like the steam cleaner. Is that the one that uses hot steam to clean without all the harsh chemicals? I am interested in that kind of cleaner, because I hate using chemicals in the bathtub and sink the kids use.

Julie,

Some friends of ours invited us over for lunch one day and they used the Showtime Rotisserie to make a pork loin and it tasted fabulous! I am interested in the Food Saver - my brother has this and swears by it!

Norah,

Have you thought about giving classes on how to sneak things in the house without your spouse/significant other knowing? I am sure that you could become quite wealthy doing it!!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

brubeck
05-19-2003, 06:18 PM
The rotisserie grill is LAME. There are just way too many parts to wash. It filled up half my dishwasher! We've only used it once. Thankfully we didn't buy it ourselves, it was a gift from my husband's grandmother.

candybomiller
05-19-2003, 09:17 PM
Uh, Norah, I would actually be QUITE interested in how you get around that. QUITE interested. :)

Candy
Mommy to Matthew Nicholas
5/22/02

nathansmom
05-19-2003, 10:43 PM
Due to popular demand I will post on how I sneak things in the house without my dh knowing. Due to the fact he is home right now I will post this tomorrow. Just no one tell him.

MartiesMom2B
05-19-2003, 11:04 PM
Joanne:

You are too funny.

Don't just settle for the Turbo Cooker. I saw on TV the super Turbo Cooker (or something like that). I love watching those informercials. My friend went to a dinner party where everything was mad from the Turbo Cooker. She said it was good.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

sweetbasil
05-20-2003, 12:02 AM
Well then it's off my list, too. It's a monumental task to load and unload the dishwasher for me, so the idea of handwashing things just brings to mind a huge mound of rotisserie parts in the sink, waiting for someone to cave in and wash them! Thanks, Helen. I imagine I'll be watching the HSN and infomercials again in a few weeks when I'm back to middle-of-the-night feedings- I'll be sure to check with everyone before making any irrational purchases!

sweetbasil
05-20-2003, 12:05 AM
Is the food saver the bag-sealing system that helps package smaller portions to freeze, etc.? If so, that thing is probably the next one I'll be forced to find a place for in my cabinets! ;)

kathsmom
05-20-2003, 01:05 AM
Julie,

That's it! My brother is a teacher and my SIL is a SAHM and they have 2 kids, so money can be tight, so they buy stuff at Sam's and put it in the freezer bags in smaller portions. My brother said that it has really helped them. I think it keeps the food fresher in the freezer and prevents freezer burn. They have a chest freezer in their garage, so when they find a sale, they stock up.

I want one of these and am looking into getting a freezer for our garage. We actually have a refrigerator in our garage left over from the former owners, but it is as old as the hills and is an energy monster (so is the one they left inside the house!). So, I am saving up and looking for a new fridge and/or freezer.

If you get this, let us know how you like it!

Toni - mom to Katherine (5/19/96) and Andrew (9/23/02)

AngelaS
05-20-2003, 05:54 AM
I have a Turbo Cooker. My dear MIL bought one for me and her dd for Christmas.

I have used the BIG pan to cook up bunches of meat at one time for the freezer. I have never truly used it as it's designed. I'm not impressed with the ridges in the top of the pan--hard to clean or with the HUGE domed lid. Where in the heck am I supposed to store this beast? Oh, that's right, in the basement, since I NEVER use it or it's 10 piece acessory set that it came with.

Last year I got a $50 gift card to the fabric store. How do I politely request one of those again???

MartiesMom2B
05-20-2003, 08:45 AM
My parents have one and love it. They say it works really well.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

flagger
05-20-2003, 08:52 AM
Just an FYI, you can check http://www.asseenontv.com/ to see the same things as on those infomercials for much less money.

I have seen that bag sealer in Wal-mart and Sam's for much much less than on the infomercial.