PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to party with me?!

Rachels
05-20-2003, 04:14 PM
I'm having pizza, baby! I just took Abigail back to the naturopath, and she has cleared her allergies to dairy (except cream), eggs, oats, bananas, and tomatoes!!! Woo hoo! I will still be careful-- I don't want to overload her system with these things, but do you know what this means? This means I can eat! I can go to restaurants and order almost anything! And it just reinforces that it was so, so worth it to do this for her, to hold back on these foods and let her little belly adjust. It even got easy to do. The things she still needs to avoid (like garlic) seem so unimportant. Tammy (or whoever else needs to hear it today), hang in there! It WILL get better. We're living proof. Now...I've got the pizza. Can someone bring balloons?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

JMarie
05-20-2003, 04:57 PM
Congratulations! That was quick (although I'm sure it doesn't seem like it...)! I'm sure you have a list a mile long of places you want to go and things you want to eat, so have fun. So what kind of balloons do you prefer - mylar or latex? Colors? This is your party! Enjoy that pizza!

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

atlbaby
05-20-2003, 05:01 PM
Congratulations! This is great news! You should be so proud of yourself--you held back and gave her body time and now Abigail (and YOU!) can enjoy lots more. Being able to have dairy and eggs now opens up so much!

So what're you getting on your pizza?:)

ENJOY!
-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

sweetbasil
05-20-2003, 05:14 PM
That's SO great, Rachel! You're such a good mommy, to have avoided all those foods for Rachel's little tummy's sake. Doing things in the best interest of the baby is easy for a mommy's heart to agree to, but after all that sacrifice, your taste buds sure are gonna be happy with you tonight! :)

Have a great party--- pizza's sounding pretty good now! ;)

candybomiller
05-20-2003, 06:31 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmm, pizza. I'm in. And since dairy is also allowed, I'll bring the ice cream. Yummy. :)

Candy

etwahl
05-20-2003, 07:01 PM
RAchel, I'm thrilled for you!! You're right, it gives me some light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately I'm still looking for a naturopath. No one around here seems to know one. Whenever we've phoned Whole Foods or Trader Joe's, they give us a number that's no longer in service. I'm getting frustrated.

Edited to say that DH just got a phone number of a naturopath and I just made an appt for tomorrow. AM SOOOOOO EXCITED. Let's hope it works. He said he does two of these allergy tests a day and has really good success.

CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR US!!!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

mamahill
05-20-2003, 08:14 PM
Woohoo! I'm so excited for you. Whenever I have partaken in pizza I have thought of you. I'm so happy you're clear! But on to more important things... what KIND of pizza did you have? oooey gooey cheese and what else? mmmm.. time for me to go make dinner...

egoldber
05-20-2003, 08:23 PM
Party on girlfriend!! I've got the beer!!! :)

Rachels
05-20-2003, 09:21 PM
Thanks, friends! Tammy, can't WAIT to hear how it goes tomorrow! My ND said that they've been filming a documentary for the Discovery Channel about this stuff-- it's so powerful.

The pizza was yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy! I got the worst kind: Pizza Hut Pan Pizza. Gooey. Buttery. NOT DAIRY-FREE. I will not feel the need to eat like that often, but for tonight, it was absolutely fabulous.

The party has not ended. Maybe tomorrow I'll have an egg! Or some oatmeal! Ah, the possibilities...

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Annette_C
05-20-2003, 10:32 PM
I'm so happy for you (and Abby) Rachel!
I can imagine how good the pizza tasted after not being able to have it for so long!
I actually felt for you when you were talking about all your food restrictions. Well, I'm glad it's behind you and bon appetite!!
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

twins r fun
05-20-2003, 10:35 PM
That's great! Have fun with your new found freedom. Good job sticking it out!

nathansmom
05-20-2003, 11:28 PM
I am so happy for you. Enjoy your first meal out.

celfsh
05-21-2003, 10:03 AM
As always, I am late to the party, but I did want to join in the celebration! Hope you enjoyed the pizza, Rachel! You deserve it!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

Caitlins Mommy
05-21-2003, 11:50 AM
Way to go Abigail!Congrats on being able to eat somewhat normal.I know the first thing I did when I could eat cheese again,was order a pizzahut pizza,just like you decribed.I am glad you enjoyed it!You so deserved it!

PS I just want to say congrats on getting through the first year with Abigail. I love the pics of her eating cake.What a baby doll you have!Sorry I posted b-day wishes in your other post.Exuse me for that.I was up all night with a sick kid,so I'm blaming sleep exaughtion on that one.

Mommy to Caitlin Hope 9/28/96
Trying to give Caitlin a brother or sister

loewymartin
05-21-2003, 11:58 AM
Yeah Rachel and Abigail!!! Wow - what a long journey that must have been for both of you (less so for Abby since she didn't know what she was missing out on!) But, kudos to you for sticking to it, finding what worked and doing the right thing for Abby. I'm glad that pizza tasted so good - you deserve it! (Does that mean chocolate is now ok?!)

Michelle - Mom to Alia Jailin born 5/16/02