PDA

View Full Version : Traveling w/Toddler: Parent's Magazine Article

JulieL
05-21-2003, 03:01 PM
http://www.parents.com/articles/family_time/4117.jsp

Here is an article I came across that I think would interst many of you. My DS is 14 months old and we are going to San Antonio next month. I need all the advice I can get to make this trip go well!!! Hope you find it informative as well seeing how it will be summer soon!

stella
05-21-2003, 03:27 PM
That was a good article. We have taken ours to San Antonio several times and it's a great place for them - even the babies.

Where are you traveling from?
Where are you staying?
Will you have a car?
What do you have in mind to do while you're there?

We took our 14 month old to Sea World last summer (it was really for us) and there are some great little-child rides there and a tiny water park for babies.

We are going this summer to the Hill Country Hyatt in SA since my dh has a seminar. I'm a little nervous about being in a hotel room all alone with 2 babies all day, but the resort has great facilities for kids.

I may try to find 12 year girl to come with stay with us a little so my 2 year old will have someone to play with him while I watch the baby (7 months at that time).
We live in San Angelo (3 hrs from SA) and know a lot of people there, so I'm sure I can find someone's child ir grandchild to hore for a little relief.

What are your plans?

JulieL
05-21-2003, 05:11 PM
I am coming from St. Louis. My DH's immediate family lives in San Antonio so we will be staying with them for 9 days. No we will not have a car, but we can use theirs if we need to. I was thinking of Sea World as well, think I'll be plugging that for sure now. My MIL knows all the ins and outs of the town and she is taking over. I really want to spend some time on the River Walk, very pretty, not to mention great food!!! There are some great antique shops there. One particual place I went last year was just as quaint as can be. Luckly between MIL, FIL and DH's 15 year old sister we have it made as far as baby entertainment goes. They live in a fabulous private subdivision that is just GORGEOUS!!! It has a beautiful pool there, which includes adult as well as baby pools!!! I am sssoooo looking forward to this visit. Hope you have a good vaction too, and good luck with finding a gal pal to join you!

stella
05-21-2003, 05:34 PM
You are in great shape for baby entertainment!! And it will get better every time you go. The baby water park is an enclosed area with lots of modern-looking pipes and fountains and showers. They require a swim diaper, so be sure and take one. I think - or else they require a regular diaper - no swim diaper - I can't remember - it struck me as strange so it may be that they don't allow swim diapers...it is so hard when you finally lose your mind after two babies.

Sorry - just take a swim diaper, bathing suits and plenty of regular diapers - that way you'll be prepared. but it gets so hot that you should be sure and take sunscreen, hat and plenty of juice/water.

I'm really looking forward to taking my little boy now that he's two. I think he;ll really enjoy it. At 14 months he liked it too.

Breckenridge Park, where the zoo is, has a train that he'll probably enjoy. It will be a great trip!