PDA

View Full Version : she rolled over!!??

beckyr88
05-21-2003, 10:40 PM
What the heck! She has been "fretting" for the past hour or so--not crying, but obviously sleepy and cranky. I just put her down (on her back) on her little blanket in the living room-sometimes that helps, for her to stretch out or whatever. Next thing I know, she's on her side (which she does often anyway), but instead of stopping there, she just went all the way over!!!!

She looked a bit startled, and her arm was trapped under her belly, but she did it! It was the cutest thing I've ever seen!!!!!

Too bad DH went to a concert tonight and missed it....

I know that this is probably a one-off thing, but it makes me wonder--when should I expect her to start rolling over on purpose??

What is everyone else's experience??

MegND95
05-22-2003, 07:07 AM
MY ds first rolled over right before he turned 3 months. I thought it was a fluke, but he kept doing it! So, just keep watching and see what happens. And hopefully she'll do it again soon, so your dh can see it too.

dogmom
05-22-2003, 08:44 AM
There as a big gap between my DS "accidently" rolling over at night and purposefully rolling over. He started before 3 months, but he would just sort of wind up on his tummy at night and cry out. Now at 4 mo he is a rolling pro, but it's only been for a week or two. He positions himself on his side when I put him to sleep or rolls directly over on his stomach now. Of course 4 am every night on the dot we have the crawling workout. Apparently he's gotten enough sleep and it's time to take advantage of the firm crib mattress, stick his butt up in the air, and frantically try to crawl. Which leads to him having a fit because he's not going anywhere. I usually let this go on for about 15 minutes and then bring him into bed with me so I can get some sleep. Great thing about babies, there is always one more milestone to go for.

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03

ktdid74
05-22-2003, 08:48 AM
Mackenzie started doing this last week and I was shocked since she was only 7 weeks. We were doing tummy time and she flipped over. I thought it was just a fluke so I put her on her belly again and she did it again. I still couldn't believe she was doing it on purpose but everyday I put her on her belly and she just rolls right over. My son didn't roll till 3 months so I didn't expect this so soon. They are amazing! Now if I could just get her to sleep...

Katie
mom to Brendan 6/8/00
Mackenzie 3/26/03

mcmorfit
05-22-2003, 11:20 AM
In the last couple of weeks Lucy has been rolling too - unfortunately one of them was off the bed. In my mom's group, they reported that falling off the bed is like a right of passage for babies, but I don't want her to repeat it anytime soon - OUCH!

StaceyKim
05-22-2003, 03:34 PM
wow, that is awesome! you must be so excited! how big is the baby now?? i go for ds dr's appointment next week and i can't wait to see how he has grown. he looks huge to me. have you been getting out a lot? the weather in chicago has been so cool--not so good for walks in the stroller w/ a newborn!
keep us posted on her rolls!