PDA

View Full Version : Parkersmama and others: what's cool for little boys?

MartiesMom2B
05-23-2003, 09:20 PM
I have a slew of nephews to buy birthday and channukah gifts (I like to be on the lookout for bargains all year long). What are good gifts for a 6 year old, 3 year old, and 2 year old? Mostly I need suggestions for the 6 year old. Pokeymon? I have no clue. Thank goodness I have Barbie in the future, I'm clueless on little boys.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

ddmarsh
05-24-2003, 05:40 AM
Hi - Pokemon is not really too big anymore, there is a new similar thing called YuGiOh (I think I'm spelling that correctly) that is all the rage. It has cards, etc. just like Pokemon and there are also related items such as a Gameboy game, figures that you play with, etc. I'm not sure, however, that at 6 they would be playing with those yet. My 4 yo is interested in them just b/c he sees his brothers (8 and 10) doing it. Other ideas are any type of game for Gameboy, Nintendo, etc. (you'd need to know what specific type of machines they have), a fun thing called the Creepy Crawly Bug Making Machine (I may have butchered this title slightly), any type of sports gear, board games, and Legos are always a big hit. For the younger ones the small Legos called Duplos, Playdoh, board games more for their ages, puzzles, anything to do with tools or trucks. Books and CDs are also always good for kids of any ages.

HTH and happy shopping :)