PDA

View Full Version : Our sailing trip was canceled due to bad weather-so we are home :(

mama2be
05-24-2003, 09:53 PM
We got the call late Wednesday night while I was up at my parents dropping off Tristan so he and I headed back home on Thursday and I have been hit with a bad cold and chronic ear ache. I am licking my wounds big time in that I really wanted to go on this trip, but we will have to pick another date. I don't know how this will effect my regatta next week. I so want to participate but also don't want to be the laughing joke of the thing so I will let the crew decide if they want to replace me :(...

The good news is I got to meet Beth (egoldbear) and her precious daughter Sarah...Beth is every bit as impressive in person as she is here on the boards. WOW what a great mom!!! and Sarah just stole my heart, she made me want a little girl to go along with Tristan. Beth joined me and my parents for dinner and my mom can't stop talking about how adorable she and Sarah were!!

My little Tristan is making some of his largest strides these past two days, so much so I can't help but be alittle happy that my trip was canceled...he is following the dogs with his eyes so much, and now grabbing at things and intentionally taking them to his mouth...OH my heart melts!!!!

I see we have some new babies to welcome in the past few days so I am off to do that...it was 3 months ago tomorrow that you all welcomed my litte Tristan to the boards!!!

Missed you all...

mamahill
05-25-2003, 12:17 AM
THREE MONTHS?!?! Holy cow, how time flies! Sad your trip was cancelled. Glad you got to meet Beth and Sarah. Good luck with your regatta. In any case, I'm thrilled we have you back - you were missed!

nigele
05-25-2003, 07:59 AM
I'm so sorry your trip was cancelled. I know how much you were looking forward to it. Welcome back - we missed you!

memedee
05-25-2003, 08:03 AM
I am not at all surprized that Beth was impressive.
As far as the weather,they have cancelled spring in Boston.
There is no sailing no golfing no walking no nuttin here but rain.

MartiesMom2B
05-25-2003, 09:50 AM
I'm so sorry things were canceled. I've been thinking about you guys. What stinky weather we are having. It's cool that you got to meet Beth and Sarah though.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

egoldber
05-25-2003, 10:25 AM
Neve, I'm so sorry your trip was cancelled!

We REALLY enjoyed meeting you too! Neve is SO warm and nice!! And Sarah showed excellent taste by running straight into Neve's arms when we got there! And Tristan is just a doll! I swear he is the best baby ever, no crying or fussing and just happy as could be!

atlbaby
05-25-2003, 02:19 PM
I'm so sorry your trip was cancelled Neve. The weather on the East coast has been AWFUL the past week. Has someone stolen the sun???

Happy 3 month birthday Tristan!!!:) He sounds like such a delight! Time sure does fly!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

AngelaS
05-25-2003, 06:50 PM
Sorry to hear about your trip being cancelled, but Welcome Back! :)