PDA

View Full Version : Computer program for infants?

csa12
05-25-2003, 03:18 PM
Hi everyone!
I was wondering if there was some type of computer program/internet website that has interesting visual images that babies (my ds is 4 months) would like. Not that I want him the get hooked on the computer like his mom :) but just curious to hear about what is out there.

Appreciate the feedback,
Cheryl :)

flagger
05-25-2003, 03:25 PM
I really think this website is fun to help babies with their eye tracking. They might get giggles as well:

http://home.wanadoo.nl/annekebroenink/maukie2.swf

I will try and find some other infant appropriate that are not filled with adverts and pop-ups. Though most I know of are best with a broadband connection.

Ok now this may be innappropriate but how many parents do a rasberry on their children's tummies? I forsee hours and hours of pleasure at this site:

http://www.createafart.com/index.asp

csa12
05-25-2003, 04:47 PM
Those sites are hilarious!!! :) I am thinking of all my dear friends that need to "hear" from me. Thanks so much for responding, especially with your pending delivery. Your family (two-legged & four legged) will be in my thoughts.

Cheryl :)

egoldber
05-25-2003, 04:57 PM
I have a few that I picked up at Marshalls and TJ Maxx. I have a couple of the Disney Toddler series and also a JumpStart Baby. I would really recommend getting the "baby" ones first. The toddler ones assume a little more keyboard control. By that I mean, with the Baby programs, when Sarah holds down one key continuously for several seconds, it doesn't make the program do odd things. The Toddler programs sort of freak out when she does that. I have also heard good things about the Reader Rabbit series, but have not yet gotten one.

Also, I would recommend using a NOT Windows ready keyboard (the kind with the Windows keys, etc.) Sarah has the underring ability to hit those keys almost every time and occasinally re-booting the computer.

Whatever you do, do not pay full retail!! Many of these are available at Marshalls, TJ Maxx and there are also places where you can order them for the price of shipping (usually $4 - $8).

HTH,

jenmcadams
05-25-2003, 05:14 PM
We have a Sesame Street for Babies program that Abbie likes. I second the comment about being careful of windows ready keyboards. I'm actually planning to get one of those keyboard covers from FP (which also comes with software) at some point soon.

I actually saw the Sesame Street software are Costco this weekend, but I didn't check on the price.

HTH