PDA

View Full Version : How are you Shannon- sntm

sweetbasil
05-27-2003, 08:58 AM
Hey~
It's getting pretty close to your due date, and I just wanted to see how you're feeling. From this end of the computer, time has really flown by, and I hope it's feeling as fast for you. I can't wait to hear your happy news soon! Have a great week :)

sntm
05-27-2003, 08:39 PM
Oh, you should read my pathetic post from yesterday on the bitching board. I'm feeling a little less selfish today! Am definitely ready to be done! Everything seemed to go pretty quickly until these last few weeks. Something about starting the internal exams -- the overachiever in me feels I should be doing "better" on them, instead of hovering at one centimenter and soft. Everyone at work has started eyeing me, particularly after my grouchiness last night.

I am just ready! Nothing left to do! Nursery is done (will have to find some way to post pics), bags are packed, birth announcements are half addressed. I'm on night float now, which has led to multiple middle of the night internet purchases of diapers, so we are set there too.

Will let everyone know when the big moment finally occurs! Until then, send me dilation vibes for my Friday appt. Full moon Saturday -- I'm hopeful.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

ddmarsh
05-27-2003, 08:56 PM
Many east labor vibest to you and many wishes that the last few weeks fly by for you :).

Debbie

atlbaby
05-27-2003, 09:24 PM
I hope the next few weeks fly by for you! Sending lots of increased dilation vibes for your appointment Friday! LOL, at the thought of "failing" internal exams--that'd be something I'd think too!:)

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

Rachels
05-28-2003, 07:35 AM
Easy dilation vibes to you! But go easy on yourself. One and soft is a great start! REALLY. It's not uncommon for first-time moms to not dilate until labor kicks in, or to have the effacement really happen first. Repeat after me: my body knows how to do this, my body knows how to do this...

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mama2be
05-28-2003, 07:43 AM
Shannon and Julie's pregnancies are the first two that I have "witnessed" in their entire here on the BBB...it was not long after I started here that we got Sahnnon's huge news...when I started lurking she was TTC...Wow these will both be very exciting highly anticipated births by me :)!!!!

Great labor vibes and birth vibes heading your way...you both (and all of our pregnant mommies) are in my prayers!!!

nigele
05-28-2003, 02:47 PM
I am rooting for you! Can't wait to see pics of the little one!!!

parkersmama
05-28-2003, 03:03 PM
I'm totally with you on the "failing the exam" thing! I really felt that way, too! Every week it was "same as last week" and it drove me nuts. I know you're miserable but it'll all be over soon. Every week, dh & I have been looking at each other and saying "Can you believe she's only been with us for (insert #) weeks??" It seems like she's been a part of our family forever rather than just 3 short weeks! The time really flies and drags at the same time. So weird! I can't wait to hear the news of your new arrival!

heva
05-29-2003, 06:01 PM
Shannon, I'll post your pics! I've got a website...just let me know.