PDA

View Full Version : Completely OT I was having a discussion with a friend of mind who had watched that show

memedee
05-28-2003, 07:11 AM
Extreme Makeovers and one of the plastic surgeons had said that Jennifer Lopez's derriere was one of the most requested surgeries as her derriere is the most desired look of the moment.
I on the other hand have known women who excersize and diet constantly not to have a JLO Butt.
So, what I would like to know is
Do you think that J Lo has the ideal body of today?
I would love a very flat stomach a smaller chest and a depuffing of the eyes.For starters anyway.

mama2be
05-28-2003, 07:33 AM
I don't know the answer...but can I say "I hope so"...I mean I doubt many people can argue she has a nice body no matter how large the derrierre...BUT I'd like to think the look of today and the future if not hers is one that has some meat on it just so I have a little chance of being "IN"...and that our daughters do not have to put them selves thru what a lot of us went thru...

With that said hats off to Jamie Lee Curtis who recently did a spread UNTOUCHED photo of herself in underwear to show us what her real "beauty" was...She wanted to tear down the walls of myth and show every day folks what our "celebs" really look like. They let a computer image person get hold of her picture and in SECONDS did amazing things to that picutre...IN SECONDS...sure we knew picutres are touched up but gals they are so much more than "touched up" new "people" are created...honestly we are all being compared to the IMPOSSIBLE not just the beautiful anymore WE ARE BEING COMPARED TO LOOKS THAT DON'T EVEN EXIST what stress is that????

My commitment to this world is to raise a young man who knows that these images are not real anymore...and to not compare women to them!!! sure I appreciate beauty and wish I had it BUT the thought of desiring/or men desiring something that does not even exist breaks my heart...

MartiesMom2B
05-28-2003, 09:02 AM
I think JLo may have a more ideal body today because she is healthier looking than some of the other actresses and celebs out there. I wouldn't say that I would have saline cheeks implanted. However after gaining some cleavage from bfing maybe some saline up for the girls when I'm done. ;)

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

memedee
05-28-2003, 11:16 AM
I sooo totally agree with everything you said.
I wish wish also that women would not be so critical of themselves based on an ideal that does not even exist!!

parkersmama
05-28-2003, 03:09 PM
Well said!! As for me, a smaller chest is in order when I'm done nursing!! I can't wait to be able to shop for bras in the normal sizes!! LOL!