PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about this as a baby shower gift?

heidi_timms
05-31-2003, 03:01 AM
These are beautiful photographs. I would love to receive this as a gift if I were your friend! It definitely blows away the typical bottles and receiving blankets!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

chrissyhowie
05-31-2003, 04:58 AM
Your baby is beautiful! Those are such great pictures!

I think it is a fantastic gift! I'm sure your friend will think so too. The pictures that result will be something she will treasure for many, many years to come. Have fun at the shower!

millerpjm
05-31-2003, 06:49 AM
I don't think that would be tacky at all... I think the Mom to be will love not having to shell out money for professional photos right away. It's different too... something she can really use. I say go for it! I know I would like it:)

Jen

Proud mama of Thomas (almost 4 months)

Andrea S
05-31-2003, 07:47 AM
I think that is a great gift. Yor daughter is beautiful. Great pictures.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

nigele
05-31-2003, 08:05 AM
What a sweet baby!

I think your idea is AWESOME! I wish you were my friend - I would love a portrait as a gift!!

sntm
05-31-2003, 09:35 AM
I'd prefer that type of gift! I think it is incredibly generous and sure to be helpful. I kept encouraging people to give me "gift certificates" for baby-sitting whenever they asked what I wanted, and no one took me up on it. I loved the toys and outfits, but could have used baby-sitting or photos MUCH more.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03

lukkykatt
05-31-2003, 10:17 AM
I would love that as a gift, and I'm sure your friend will too! You could give her a little brag book or picture frame at the shower so she has something to open, with a note in it about the photography.

Your pictures are beautiful, and so is your daughter! Your friend is one lucky gal!

lisams
05-31-2003, 10:44 AM
I think that is a perfect gift! I know I would have LOVED something like that! Maybe as a small gift to open you could get her a little frame with your gift certificate in it. I don't think it is tacky at all, I think it is very thoughtful.

Lisa

ps Those pictures are gorgeous! Your DD is such a cutie!

August Mom
05-31-2003, 11:23 AM
I think it's a great gift. I received a similar gift from someone whose husband does photography as a hobby. I thought that it was very cool. It would have been even better from a professional photographer with all the added backgrounds and props. My photography gift was written on a card in with the package for me to open (which was a hooded towel, socks and a bib). Go for it. She'll love it!

MartiesMom2B
05-31-2003, 12:22 PM
Those pictures are beautiful. So is your daughter. I think its a wonderful gift. Definitely something that not only your friend will enjoy, but her whole family. It's also something that will last a lot longer than a blanky or diaper bag. Not tacky at all!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

sweetbasil
05-31-2003, 02:23 PM
The pics are all beautiful...and I'd love to get a photography studio gift certificate as a baby gift- what a great idea! :)

Dcclerk
06-02-2003, 01:17 PM
Clearly it's unanimous... I think that is a fantastic present. I can't think of a present I would rather receive. I honestly often like the home-made ones the best because they are so thoughtful. In this case, it is home-made, yet professional, and you don't have to worry about not having the same taste :) ... (e.g. "Yes, MIL, I think that having every color of the rainbow and ribbon running in and out of the blanket creating the world's largest choking and strangulation hazard is a fantastic idea....")

Kerry

Rachels
06-02-2003, 01:35 PM
Those are wonderful!!!!!!! I would give my eye teeth for a gift like that!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mama2be
06-02-2003, 01:40 PM
Your pics are beautiful...I could only dream of getting such a lovely gift. It is not tacky it is not only what you do but it will cost you money to develop etc... it would be the most incredible gift. I wouldn't worry about even gettig 'something" little on the side to her I'd give her this and it would be more than enough...

Good advertising too for those at the shower :)...

vikivoly
06-03-2003, 10:08 AM
Well, I guess it's not a bad idea!

Thank you all for the compliments and encouragement. I'll keep you posted as to her reaction of the gift.

Vicki

vikivoly
08-25-2003, 11:18 PM
I'm a professional photographer and am thinking about giving a gift certificate from my photography studio. Something large enough that the Mom-to-be would not have to shell out any money to get a decent package. Would this be tacky since I'm the photographer? I'll probably also give her something small to open at the shower.

BTW, here's some brag pics of my DD!;)