PDA

View Full Version : Well, here's a newsflash!!

jojo2324
05-31-2003, 08:18 AM
I don't know how many of you recall my labor story, but I have always maintained (not very proudly) that I received two epidurals.

Lo and behold, I was speaking with my mother the other day, and somehow the topic of epidurals came up. Oh, we were talking about if I have another baby, would I go natural? I replied I didn't think so, it was so hard last time I needed two epis.

"Joanne, you only had one."

"No, I remember distictly. The anesthesiologist was in another part of the hospital dealing with an emergency and couldn't get to me until an hour after we had paged him. I remember the look on his face when he came running through the door."

"NO, Joanne, you ONLY had one. You were too far along and they couldn't give it to you. I was right there."

"Well, that's what I thought when the nurse said to get the anesthesiologist, that I was too far along. But she said that I was fighting my body too much, that I wouldn't be productive if I didn't calm down. So she called him in."

"Yeah, she called him in, but they didn't give you anything. I remember saying to you that despite having had the drugs, you were still going to manage a natural childbirth. Joanne, I was there."

Shawn has confirmed this. Meanwhile I've been hanging my head in shame that I had to have TWO epidurals and I didn't even!! Does this illustrate how lucid I was at the time? Because I was there too! :P Phew!! I feel a little relieved.

nigele
05-31-2003, 08:29 AM
! What did they put in your first epidural?! ;-)