PDA

View Full Version : Where does the day go?

flagger
06-03-2003, 11:53 PM
All of the sudden it is past midnight and it seems in just a few short hours, the day will start all over again. I cannot believe a week has flown by now and nothing I can do slows down time. I cherish every waking moment staring at Cocoa. I have been christned twice in one day, I have learned I really don't like the store brand BRU diapers after being a Pampers NB user, I have also learned that the swing after a feeding equals a spit-up clean up in aisle five!

I have learned Cocoa sleeps longer when on her tummy; that she can sleep through all three dogs barking and me mowing; and that the roles have truly reversed as I hover when Ms. Flagger changes a diaper and think "That's now how I do it!"

friedmana1
06-04-2003, 02:22 AM
Parenting is amazing, isn't it? Time just flies by when you're not sleeping, have spit up everywhere and can't remember the last time you took a shower. :) The pictures of her are beautiful, BTW...

Just an FYI, Cocoa should be sleeping on her back ideally, or her side. Belly sleeping has been linked to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome - so the American Academy of Pediatrics recommend all infants sleep on their back. You can put her on her side, if you put a rolled up towel or receiving blanket on her "belly side" to prevent her from rolling onto her stomach. Also, try to make sure that there aren't any stuffed animals or big fluffy comforters in her crib/bassinet that might cause her to suffocate. I know that she's not moving around now, but once she does, these can also be a hazard.

Aimee

Mother to Leah 10/26/02

chrissyhowie
06-04-2003, 02:34 AM
I sometimes wonder, "What the heck did I used to do all day before Chloe was born?" (Hmmm, I was going to the movies, drinking lots of wine, working out alot, reading books and magazines that were completely unrelated to parenting...but that's a whole other topic!)

All kidding aside, parenthood is wonderful, isn't it? Thanks for sharing those small newborn moments and observations that we all remember that go by so quickly.

jd11365
06-04-2003, 03:29 AM
I keep saying the exact same thing! There is just so much to do when caring for and adjusting to life with a newborn. My favorite is the projectile poop...lol! Last night while changing her she shot it across the room! I have to say it was quite funny, especially because DH was in the room at the time and almost got hit! And they said the Peace Corp was the toughest job you'll ever love... ;-)

BTW...Kayla prefers sleeping on her tummy too and refuses to sleep on her back. So I compromise...she can "nap" on her tummy...when she's in the room with me and I'm awake...and sleep on her side at night .

flagger
06-04-2003, 09:28 AM
> The pictures of her are beautiful, BTW...

Why thank you!

We have learned yet another lesson this morning, do not attempt the first time in the Bjorn after she wakes up before her first meal of the morning. Whoops!

Now she is sound asleep in the carrier while I type away.