PDA

View Full Version : The results from the Ultrasound!

todzwife
06-04-2003, 08:36 PM
I am having a boy! He was not modest and made sure we didn't mistake him for a girl. Just wanted to share! Oh yeah and if anyone has any ideas for names, that would be wonderful! DH and I are at a loss for boys but were all set to name a girl! (Of course, isn't that how it always works???)Take care!
Shandelle ;)

JMarie
06-04-2003, 08:40 PM
Congratulations! I was one who thought I wanted a girl, but I can't imagine my life without my son. As far as names go, I'll have to get back to you on that - it was hard enough coming up with one for DS!

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

MartiesMom2B
06-04-2003, 08:41 PM
Congrats!!!! It's so good to hear from you. Take care!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

mama2be
06-04-2003, 08:48 PM
Shandelle, Congrats!!!! What great news!!! So glad to hear that you are doing great...I can't wait to "watch" you go thru all of this!!! You will be a marvelous mom I can tell...

Here's to the "flasher" :)

twins r fun
06-04-2003, 08:58 PM
Congratualtions!!! I was really disappointed when I found out I was getting 2 boys (I really wanted 2 girls, one of each was okay, but 2 boys-yuck). Of course I got over it quickly during pregnancy, didn't care at all after they were born, and now am so thrilled with my boys(though do still envy all the little girl clothes) ! As for names-good luck! We had a very hard time, but of course could think of tons of girls names also. Are you looking for common or unusual?

Annette_C
06-04-2003, 09:00 PM
Congratulations Shandelle!!
And welcome back! How's everything going? Are you all moved in?
Keep us posted.
BTW...if we had had a boy, we would have named him Alessandro Fabiano (I know, very Italian! LOL)
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

jojo2324
06-04-2003, 09:16 PM
Hi Shandelle!! How've you been stranger? :D

Congrats on your little boy! I have no suggestions for names because it took us FOREVER to figure out Gannon's name.

Are you back for good, or is this just a pop-in? :D

Marisa6826
06-04-2003, 09:21 PM
That's such WONDERFUL news! Congratulations!

What kind of names are you looking for?

Sophie's brother was named Harrison Wesley...

-m

atlbaby
06-04-2003, 09:25 PM
Yay!!! I'm so excited that baby BOY(!) cooperated let you know! We didn't find out with Arielle and were pretty hardpressed for choosing boy names, but I'll try and come up with some.

Wish me luck in finding out on my U/S tomorrow--third time's a charm, right?:)

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

atlbaby
06-04-2003, 09:25 PM
Yay!!! I'm so excited that baby BOY(!) cooperated let you know! We didn't find out with Arielle and were pretty hardpressed for choosing boy names, but I'll try and come up with some.

Wish me luck in finding out on my U/S tomorrow--third time's a charm, right?:)

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

mharling
06-04-2003, 09:46 PM
Jennifer -
I can totally relate to what you just said! Dh and I were convinced we were having a girl and were both shocked when it was a boy. Now, I couldn't imagine not having this specific little boy. :)

Shandelle -
Good to hear from you and congratulations!!! Little boys are wonderful! Dh and I had a couple girl names picked out very early on. We didn't agree on a boy's name until I was 8 months pg. Lane is one of my great-grandmother's maiden names. Any possibilities like that for you?

Mary
Mommy to Lane Michael 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33928e40550

StaceyKim
06-04-2003, 09:51 PM
Congrats! Boys are the BEST!!!

StaceyKim
06-04-2003, 09:51 PM
Congrats! Boys are the BEST!!!

sweetbasil
06-04-2003, 10:57 PM
Congrats! How is your summer going with so little computer time, etc.? Are you feeling okay? Have fun dreaming about that sweet little boy of yours- there's always an adventure when you've got little boys around! :)

sweetbasil
06-04-2003, 10:57 PM
Congrats! How is your summer going with so little computer time, etc.? Are you feeling okay? Have fun dreaming about that sweet little boy of yours- there's always an adventure when you've got little boys around! :)

August Mom
06-04-2003, 11:06 PM
Congrats! Actually, we were lucky we had a boy because we could not agree on a girl's name. We had several boy's names we liked. I'm not sure what kinds of names you are into but here's a few for boys off the top of my head:

Ryan, Brian, Brandon, Justin :), Jason, Michael, Matthew, Dylan, Dustin, Conner, Carter, Carson, Patrick, Christopher, Hayden, Aiden, Benjamin, Evan, Jacob, Issac, David, Mason, Joshua, William, Ross, Steven, Adam, Harrison, Jonah, Timothy, Jonathan, Joel, Daniel, John, Brendan, Braeden, Austin, Ashton, Alexander, Brody, Brady, Anthony, Lucas, Luke, Mark, Allen, Shawn, Zayne, Zachary, Scott, Gregory, Philip, Joseph, Jack, Nicholas, Kirk, Kirt

I found these sites helpful in choosing a name:

http://www.babynames.com/V5/index.php
http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/

HTH

August Mom
06-04-2003, 11:06 PM
Congrats! Actually, we were lucky we had a boy because we could not agree on a girl's name. We had several boy's names we liked. I'm not sure what kinds of names you are into but here's a few for boys off the top of my head:

Ryan, Brian, Brandon, Justin :), Jason, Michael, Matthew, Dylan, Dustin, Conner, Carter, Carson, Patrick, Christopher, Hayden, Aiden, Benjamin, Evan, Jacob, Issac, David, Mason, Joshua, William, Ross, Steven, Adam, Harrison, Jonah, Timothy, Jonathan, Joel, Daniel, John, Brendan, Braeden, Austin, Ashton, Alexander, Brody, Brady, Anthony, Lucas, Luke, Mark, Allen, Shawn, Zayne, Zachary, Scott, Gregory, Philip, Joseph, Jack, Nicholas, Kirk, Kirt

I found these sites helpful in choosing a name:

http://www.babynames.com/V5/index.php
http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/

HTH

mommyj
06-04-2003, 11:26 PM
Lucky you! We couldn't get a clear view of my baby because s/he kept kicking and flipping the whole ultrasound. We decided on Dylan if we have a boy, but some of our other favorites were Benjamin, Nicholas, Justin, and Declan. We decided not to go with any names that are too unusual because our last name is unusual and people seem to go brain dead when they see it.
I also found babynames.com to be helpful. I found Dylan by doing a search by meaning. I love what it means!
Good luck choosing a name!

mommyj
06-04-2003, 11:26 PM
Lucky you! We couldn't get a clear view of my baby because s/he kept kicking and flipping the whole ultrasound. We decided on Dylan if we have a boy, but some of our other favorites were Benjamin, Nicholas, Justin, and Declan. We decided not to go with any names that are too unusual because our last name is unusual and people seem to go brain dead when they see it.
I also found babynames.com to be helpful. I found Dylan by doing a search by meaning. I love what it means!
Good luck choosing a name!

dogmom
06-05-2003, 08:42 AM
Congratulations! It's so exciting when you can attach the proper pronoun to your baby. I got to admit, I love my little boy, but I wanted a girl so bad. I just couldn't imagine myself with a boy. When we had our ultrasound he put both legs up over his head to proudly show off his equipment. The first word out of my mouth was "sh*@t." I thought the ultrasound tech was going to report me to social services. I'm glad I found out early, because I was completely used to the idea by his birth. I refused to tell people for months. Complete strangers would ask me "do you know the sex?" and then I would say "yes, but were not telling people." That didn't go well. I eventually had bow to peer pressure by my baby shower. Then I had to listen to, "boys are easier than girls." My stock answer to that was, "I never had to bail a FEMALE relative out of jail." I don't know, for some reason that really bugged me. My second round choice for a boy's name was Adam. It fit my criteria of a short name, every one has heard of, but not many people have.

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03

dogmom
06-05-2003, 08:42 AM
Congratulations! It's so exciting when you can attach the proper pronoun to your baby. I got to admit, I love my little boy, but I wanted a girl so bad. I just couldn't imagine myself with a boy. When we had our ultrasound he put both legs up over his head to proudly show off his equipment. The first word out of my mouth was "sh*@t." I thought the ultrasound tech was going to report me to social services. I'm glad I found out early, because I was completely used to the idea by his birth. I refused to tell people for months. Complete strangers would ask me "do you know the sex?" and then I would say "yes, but were not telling people." That didn't go well. I eventually had bow to peer pressure by my baby shower. Then I had to listen to, "boys are easier than girls." My stock answer to that was, "I never had to bail a FEMALE relative out of jail." I don't know, for some reason that really bugged me. My second round choice for a boy's name was Adam. It fit my criteria of a short name, every one has heard of, but not many people have.

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03

ddmarsh
06-05-2003, 08:49 AM
Many congratulations! I love boys so much that if my 4th child had not been a DD I would have been just as happy :). If she had been a boy our name this time was probably going to be Grant - you don't hear it very often and it is very strong sounding to me. It's hard to pick out boys names nowadays because so many have moved to the girls side!

Many great days to come for you and your son -
Debbie
Mommy to 3 boys, 1 girl

ddmarsh
06-05-2003, 08:49 AM
Many congratulations! I love boys so much that if my 4th child had not been a DD I would have been just as happy :). If she had been a boy our name this time was probably going to be Grant - you don't hear it very often and it is very strong sounding to me. It's hard to pick out boys names nowadays because so many have moved to the girls side!

Many great days to come for you and your son -
Debbie
Mommy to 3 boys, 1 girl

blnony
06-05-2003, 09:39 AM
How wonderful! :) I'm so happy for you. Its great to hear from you too. I hope you are feeling better and we can't wait for you to be back here with us full time.

blnony
06-05-2003, 09:39 AM
How wonderful! :) I'm so happy for you. Its great to hear from you too. I hope you are feeling better and we can't wait for you to be back here with us full time.

nigele
06-05-2003, 09:56 AM
Shandelle,

Congrats!!!!!! Boys are WONDERFUL! ;-)

nigele
06-05-2003, 09:56 AM
Shandelle,

Congrats!!!!!! Boys are WONDERFUL! ;-)

stillplayswithbarbies
06-05-2003, 10:07 AM
Congrats! If Logan was a boy, we would have used the same name. We didn't know if it was a boy or a girl, so we went with a general purpose name. :)

Other boy's name we considered: Garrett
A name I have heard recently and fell in love with, if we ever have a boy: Griffen

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel 2/27/91
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

stillplayswithbarbies
06-05-2003, 10:07 AM
Congrats! If Logan was a boy, we would have used the same name. We didn't know if it was a boy or a girl, so we went with a general purpose name. :)

Other boy's name we considered: Garrett
A name I have heard recently and fell in love with, if we ever have a boy: Griffen

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel 2/27/91
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

millerpjm
06-05-2003, 10:09 AM
How wonderful! I have a 4 month old boy who is the apple of my eye! My husband and I were all set to name him Steven Charles after Dh's dad and my stepfather... and then changed our minds! We spent up to the week before I delivered trying to decide on a name! We ended up with Thomas Charles (DH is very traditional about names) but I liked Marcus and Jason too. When you're down to just a few choices you could do a baby name poll on babycenter.com - we did and it was sooo interesting to see all the feedback we got! It was a riot! There was a big debate on the comments section- all the people who liked our traditional choices(Jason, Steven or Thomas) vs. the people who thought our names were boring. Actually, Thomas came in #2 in the poll but we liked it best (DH won).

Congrats!

Jen
Proud mama of 4 month old Thomas:)

millerpjm
06-05-2003, 10:09 AM
How wonderful! I have a 4 month old boy who is the apple of my eye! My husband and I were all set to name him Steven Charles after Dh's dad and my stepfather... and then changed our minds! We spent up to the week before I delivered trying to decide on a name! We ended up with Thomas Charles (DH is very traditional about names) but I liked Marcus and Jason too. When you're down to just a few choices you could do a baby name poll on babycenter.com - we did and it was sooo interesting to see all the feedback we got! It was a riot! There was a big debate on the comments section- all the people who liked our traditional choices(Jason, Steven or Thomas) vs. the people who thought our names were boring. Actually, Thomas came in #2 in the poll but we liked it best (DH won).

Congrats!

Jen
Proud mama of 4 month old Thomas:)