PDA

View Full Version : Mother's scent

jojo2324
06-06-2003, 12:02 AM
I know I just saw this somewhere, but I can't find it. I think it was Sonia who posted about keeping a shirt of hers in Martie's crib. I have tried this in the past with limited success, but after reading about how it worked for somebody else, I decided to give it another go.

Well, last night I put a shirt in with Gannon. He did seem to sleep a little better! And then tonight, I went to check on him, and he was sleeping, only clutching my shirt in his fat paw. It was the most adorable thing. It is amazing to me how something so little is so monumental to him.

Ugh, my heart is all a pitter-patter. :D

kathsmom
06-06-2003, 01:36 AM
Hi, Joanne!

Andrew does the same thing! Of course, I have to change the shirt, gown, or whatever when my "scent" wears off. He is so cute just curled up around my clothes! I will put him in his crib when he is asleep and he will roll over in the direction of my shirt and will hold onto it just like it was a lovey!

I am glad that it seems to be working for you!

Take care!

MartiesMom2B
06-06-2003, 10:09 AM
It was actually Liya who was doing this and I said I would. But I haven't. Now I'll actually have to try it. Martie won't go to sleep until 1:00-2:00 A.M. It's driving me bonkers. Nothing I have done works. Holding, rocking, swinging, driving, singing, snugli-ing, letting her it cry it out. I think I just need to realize that she's a party animal who goes to bed late and wakes up late.

I'm glad it's working for you Joanne. Hopefully it'll work for little Miss M. I did throw in a cotton nursing pad but that probably wasn't big enough.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm