PDA

View Full Version : The little boy on Oprah yesterday-re:water well in Africa

mama2be
06-06-2003, 10:55 AM
I only caught the tail end of Oprah yesterday but I cried my eyes out when they showed the little boy who had learned in school that there was a town (of course we know there are many towns) without clean water for a lack of a well. He was taught that the well would cost $70 so he raised $70. Well he found out it would actually cost $2,000 to build the well...he raised that. they sent him to Africa to see his well that he raised the money for named "Ryan's Well". the kids lined the streets (I'm tearing writing this) the kids lined the streets to greet him and welcome him. He was 9 years old...Since he has raised over $200,000!!!! What a remarkable young man, I can only hope little "T" man can have such value in others...

AngelaS
06-06-2003, 01:53 PM
Wasn't that awesome! And then did you hear about the friend he made there? That boy's dad was killed. Then that boy and his three cousins were kidnapped by the same group that killed his dad. Two of the cousins were killed but the boy escaped and Ryan's family managed to bring him to the US on a visitor visa or something like that and now he's living with them. How cool is that??

mama2be
06-06-2003, 03:15 PM
OH I know I wanted to add all of that in my post but was getting too emotional...I found it fantastic!!! What a great little boy...and obviously great parents!!!! :)...