PDA

View Full Version : What to take on vacation?

jd11365
06-06-2003, 04:40 PM
I am flying to NYC with the baby to see grandma at the end of the month...she will be about 6/7 weeks old. My mom has a pack-n-play. I will buy diapers when I get there. Do you have other suggestions for what else I should pack?

Thanks!

flagger
06-06-2003, 05:07 PM
A carseat is our first thought. Clothes, but plan to wash when you get there and don't overstuff your bags OR ship them UPS before you leave.

chrissyhowie
06-06-2003, 09:38 PM
We flew to NYC with DD to visit family when she was five weeks old. We had our diaper bag for the plane with the wipes, balmex tube, changing pad, etc. which we used for all the diaper changes while we were there.

We brought three receiving blankets, about seven cloth diapers (which we use for burp cloths and general clean up all the time), and actually lots of clothing/sleepers for DD (they are so small and don't take up much space. This way if we didn't do laundry at all it wouldn't have mattered.) We really minimized what we brought for ourselves.

Also, bring bath stuff for the baby. Hooded towel, washcloths, baby wash and shampoo, lotion. I have a small infant toiletry kit that has the nail clipper, baby comb, thermometer, bulb, etc. that came in very handy. A floppy sunhat would be good since the weather is getting warmer. Don't forget your camera and film! Have a great time!

stillplayswithbarbies
06-06-2003, 10:41 PM
burp cloths. And don't forget to take a change of clothes on the plane with you, for baby, AND for you in case you get spit up on.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel 2/27/91
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03