PDA

View Full Version : Tell me some cute and funny baby stories!

Rachels
06-08-2003, 10:09 PM
I'm having a terrible night. Abigail is doing a new thing now where she's sleeping SO much better, but putting us through hell at bedtime and naptime. She's learning to talk and walk AND cutting teeth, so I can fully understand why going to sleep is tough, but I'm in despair anyway. I love her so very, very much but am having one of those moments in which babies all seem like scary little gnomes. Please correct me. I would LOVE to hear some adorable stories so that I can correct my mindset. I'm so revved up my chest aches.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

August Mom
06-08-2003, 11:36 PM
Oh, Rachel, I'm sorry that you and Abigail are having a tough time. It sure sounds like she has a lot going on (and, consequently, so do you).

I'm not sure if this story will make you feel better or reinforce your scary little gnome impression, but here it goes.

Several weeks (maybe even months) ago, DS and I were in the family room. He was happily playing with toys. I was distracted for a few seconds and it suddenly became too quiet. I look over at DS and he has managed to remove the lid to the Aquaphor tub. (Although I thought I had screwed it on all the way, apparently not). He has submerged both of his hands in the Aquaphor tub and then happily created his own Aquaphor art project on the carpeted family room floor. He looked so pleased with himself. He was smiling a huge toothless grin while his hands, arms, outfit, face and hair were smeared with Aquaphor and he was sitting in a pool of it. It was a huge mess, but he looked so cute and proud of himself, it was pretty endearing too.

So, be thankful Abigail isn't doing that too. :)

kathsmom
06-08-2003, 11:39 PM
Hi,Rachel!

Andrew is my sleep-problem child. I didn't have this much trouble with Katherine.

The cute thing that Andrew does is he likes to look me in the face, turn my head to the side and lay a big sloppy kiss on me. He then looks at DH and grins at him. Then if DH is still watching, he will turn my face to the other side and kiss it. He LOVES to do that! Then DH will hold out his cheek to be kissed and Andrew just pushes it away and grins at him!

Also, when Andrew meets a new lady, he will flirt so much with her! He looks at her, then he will give a shy grin, then he just buries his head in my shoulder. Then he will peek out at her again to see if she is still there and he will grin again. I have a feeling that he is going to be a huge flirt when he is a teenager!

These are probably not as cute or funny as other people's stories will be, but to me they are sweet and precious memories.

Take care!

jojo2324
06-09-2003, 12:00 AM
Well, this is especially dear to me, because it involves Gannon's first true smile...

We were all together, sleeping in bed, probably around 3am, when Gannon woke up. Apparently he had let loose with a big ol' poop, and it wasn't too pretty. He never poops at that time! So he's rolling around in it, and it's inching up his back because we were still hoping that Huggies would work for us and hadn't switched brands yet. (Luckily, he was sleeping on a protective layer, so it didn't get on our sheets.) I am trying desperately to haul buns out of bed. It was physically painful for me to open my eyes.

Anyway, I get up, get him to the changing table, and whoops! Out of wipes! So, I bring him back to bed, lay him down next to Shawn, who is comatose, and tell him I have to go get something. I leave, and come back to Gannon wailing, and Shawn going, "Shhhhhhhh" while feebly rubbing his head. So then the hormonal bi-atch in me arrives and I scream at Shawn, "Of course he's not going to shhhhh, he's got $#!^ all up his back!" I get Gannon, bring him back to the table, and Shawn goes back to sleep.

So, here I am, wiping up the sludge and trying hard to keep my eyes open but not look south, and that's when he just gave me the biggest smile. I started to cry and laugh right then and there. It was the sweetest thing. I mean, here it was, the wee hours of the morning, and my poor baby has poop all over his body, and he still managed to smile through it? It was too much. And why he chose that moment to give me his first smile, I'll never know, but I suspect he knew it was just what mama needed, bless his little heart.

Awww, now I am all gushy. :)

spu
06-09-2003, 08:19 AM
Joanne, this one deserves to be in print everywhere!!!
and a life lesson for all of us!

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte & else

SeekerMage
06-09-2003, 10:50 PM
Sorry to hear about the rough night...I know Im in for a lot of those in the future. Last night after a trip in the ER was a good example, but we all manage to mutter through it.

At the moment I cant think of any really cute baby stories but I thought that I would share one of Angies most recent ones. We were at the park and after introducing herself to a little girl and her mom in the sandbox she looks at the lady and says clear out of the blue "sometimes my mom and dad yell at me." It was a matter of fact statement that made us all laugh and blush in embarrasement at the same time...sheesh out of the mouths of babes im telling you! Another thing to watch for is once they start talking they pick up on everything! My husband tends to eat in a hurry at times and Im always yelling at him to take smaller bites and slow down well Miss Angela in the middle of dinner one night looks at him and says "Hey buddy boy wanna take a smaller bite!" She is a little sassy at times but she always makes us laugh! Once they find their voice there is no turning back....but it sure makes life a lot more interesting!

Have a good night!

Kathryn
Mom to Angela (soon to be adopted) 3-22-00
and Lil' Bit due 11/28/03

mharling
06-09-2003, 11:07 PM
I'm not proud of HOW this moment occurred, but it is funny nonetheless. I was carrying ds, reached for a light switch and bumped ds's head in the doorway. He cried for a few minutes, so we snuggled (me crying too, of course) and then he decided he was hungry. So, he was happily nursing away and I started to feel a little better. That quickly changed when I looked down at him, saw his hand resting on his cheek with only his middle finger up. If only he knew what he was doing!

Mary
Mommy to Lane Michael 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33928e40550

jojo2324
06-10-2003, 08:57 AM
Thanks! I have such a horrible memory...time just floats by and things all mesh together. I really don't think I could recall something so vividly if it wasn't surrounded by so much stinkiness! :D

mama2be
06-10-2003, 09:19 AM
Well to get you thru the bad nights just think of that cute story you told us about Abigail crawling over to the tub that day and saying "UH OH" :)...and how it made you melt...

BUT one of my favorite stories is of my little neice (my only) and I am guessing she was on her first "big girl" sentences (age unknown but young and walking)...

We were on the back porch of my parents and she hit Spinnaker (my beloved dog)...I said "Alexandra please don't hit Spinnaker"...and she put her little arms under her arm pits (she thought she was putting them on her hips to show authority...but she had them under her arm pits like a bird) and she said with a huge wrinkle between the eyes "Aunt "Neeefe" (they way she pronounced it back then) don't talk to me that way"....

...then minutes later I scolded Spinnaker for something and I got the same body postioning from her but this time it was "Aunt Neeefe don't talk to my firend that way"....

It took everything in my power not to laugh at her with those arms under her arm pits... :)...

Edited becasue I can't type worth a darn!!