PDA

View Full Version : Long Car Trip - which would be more comfortable?

ddmarsh
06-09-2003, 05:42 PM
We are going on a long car trip (8 hours one day, 4 the next) and am trying to decide which seat would be best for Lily to ride in. She isn't in the Roundabout yet but I am wondering if she would be comfortable riding in it for a longer period of time. Also, is there any difference in safety between the two for a longer ride?

TIA

Debbie

Rachels
06-09-2003, 06:50 PM
I wouldn't think there's a safety difference, but I find that Abigail is leaps and bounds more comfortable in the RA than she was in her infant seat. It has made a huge difference for her. Also, she is up higher, so she can see out, and that helps. I'd definitely say try the RA. It has been so great for us that I don't miss the infant seat at all.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

stillplayswithbarbies
06-09-2003, 07:45 PM
I second what Rachel said. We had a 10 hour car trip and put the Roundabout in the car because we felt it would be more comfy for baby. We all love it so much we never went back to the infant seat.

As for safety, they are all supposed to be equally safe, but the Roundabout just seemed more solid in the car to me, and therefore "felt" more safe.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel 2/27/91
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

Momof3Labs
06-09-2003, 08:31 PM
Colin is MUCH more comfortable in his RA than he was in his infant seat at the end (around 3.5 months), even though he hadn't outgrown the infant seat yet. Try it on a shorter trip and see what Lily thinks!