PDA

View Full Version : Back from the desert!

mamahill
06-10-2003, 11:41 AM
DH and I almost wept for joy as the pilot announced it was 68 here in Oakland. We hadn't felt that since we left last Thursday morning. We had a great time and Ainsleigh's first flight(s) were fantastic. I even had someone act genuinely surprised to find out it was our first plane ride with a baby (I didn't mention all the great advice I've learned here and stored for use... just let her think I was a pro;)).

It was great to visit DH's SIL. She hadn't seen Ainsleigh yet due to health issues, but both SIL and Ainsleigh had a great time. Ainsleigh only had one meltdown and it was while I was at a cousin's house.

Also, SIL got to witness Ainsleigh's first steps! She has been hesitant to walk again since she kind of fell hard, but I'm sure it's just around the corner! Also, Ainsleigh now rocks and burps and "sing" to her curious George. I think I'll go out and find a real doll for her. Woohoo! Girlie things!

Anyway, I just wanted to say I'm back and am looking forward to being back with my friends (all of you)! Oooh, and a sidenote - my BIL is going to be on Maternity Ward on TLC in the fall! I just think that's the coolest. He works at a hospital in Phoenix that has the highest multiples delivery rate in the country. Anyway, I think he's pretty much a megastar, but he is very humble about the whole thing. I'll keep you posted in case anyone is interested.

edited to add: And Ainsleigh said the words white, blue, yellow, Melissa, book, milk, ear, eyes, and nose (though she was mimicking us on most of the words, it was still adorable), adding to her "What's that?" "no" "uh-oh" "bye-bye" "mama" "dada" "good" and a few others. I can't believe how fast she's growing up!

jojo2324
06-10-2003, 11:49 AM
Wow, what a little walking dictionary!! That's great that your SIL got to see her first steps. How exciting!

And how cool is it that your BIL is going to be on MW?!?!? I love that show, really could not get enough of it, especially when I was preggo. :D

I can't wait to see Miss A and all of her talents at the retreat!!

mama2be
06-10-2003, 11:58 AM
We've missed you....WOW Ainsleigh is growing up before my eyes!!!! I can't wait to see her either!!!!

Keep us postd on the movie star...I want to see :)!!!!

celfsh
06-10-2003, 12:14 PM
Glad to have you back! Sounds like Ainsleigh is growing up fast and becoming quite the talker. I wonder where she gets that from...LOL!

Hey, that's cool about your celebrity BIL! I love Maternity Ward, although DH banned me from watching it while I was pg (too many late-night panic attacks after watching it...)

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

brubeck
06-10-2003, 12:56 PM
Wow, talking AND walking? What were you feeding her out there?????

And now that you've come back maybe our cold weather will end.... glad you're home Sarah!

nathansmom
06-10-2003, 01:04 PM
Celeste- I was banned from watching that show by my dh and doctor. We had too many late night visits to the doctor.

nathansmom
06-10-2003, 01:06 PM
Welcome back, I've missed you. Make your way to Utah and visit your brothers sister. Celeste and I would be more than willing to show you around.

celfsh
06-10-2003, 01:25 PM
Ha! Glad I'm not the only one! So weird--that show really disturbed me while I was pg and yet I couldn't stop myself from watching it...

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

atlbaby
06-10-2003, 01:29 PM
Welcome back--and congratulations on Ainsleigh's first steps!!! That's wonderful that your SIL got to witness them too!:)

I love MW! Please do keep us posted on when your BIL will be on--is he an OB-GYN then? Very cool!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2EDD 10/24/03-Another Girl!:)

celfsh
06-10-2003, 01:31 PM
Yeah, Sarah, you KNOW Gandolfo's is calling you...hey, I'll even buy if you come out here--LOL!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

mamahill
06-10-2003, 01:36 PM
Yeah - he's a high-risk OB/GYN. I am constantly amazed at the stories he tells, and the humility with which he greets his job each day. He constantly says how thankful he is that he is a guy because he knows that each and every delivery of a child is difficult and not something he would EVER want to do. Also, the great irony of it all is that he has this great love of bringing children into the world, yet his wife will never be able to have children (she has beaten Leukemia twice, melanoma once, and squamous cell carcinoma - it has taken its toll on her body, even though she's only 32). Sad, but I think it makes him all the more compassionate.

Anyway, the good thing is that they are two of the most loving, optimistic, happy people I know.

Oh, and Celeste, you played the Gandolfo's card? Hmmmm... maybe we'll head out there just for that! LOL!

MartiesMom2B
06-10-2003, 01:37 PM
DH banned me too. I kept asking him what if . . .(insert whatever problem was shown). What a relief it was to see the ultrasound and see everything was in place!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

nathansmom
06-10-2003, 01:47 PM
I would call the doctor in tears because I saw something that worried me. The first question he would ask was "were you watching TLC again". Thank goodness I was considered high-risk. I don't know how I would have made it 4 weeks between appointments.

sweetbasil
06-10-2003, 02:46 PM
So glad you're back, and that Miss Ainsleigh had such a fun time on the trip...it's so nice when they're at their best for family :) You guys sure are gonna have a fun summer with that sweet little girl!

newbelly2002
06-10-2003, 02:57 PM
Walking, talking? Damn. Just yesterday it seems she was only "riding" her rocker (a picture I still giggle over when I think about!)... congrats on all the new acheivements and surviving the weather.

I miss you and it's good to have you back!

Paula
Mama to Dante 8/1/02
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b339c8d20516