PDA

View Full Version : OMG--she sat down in her bath!!!

atlbaby
06-11-2003, 05:56 PM
I thought this day would never come again! It's been probably 3.5 months since Arielle sat in her bath, and I thought her tush would never touch the water again (without screaming, that is). Her refusal to sit has gone from happily standing, to freaking out the entire bathtime, and then in the past few weeks she began to gradually enjoy her baths again. But sit? I thought for sure she wouldn't ever sit! But tonight she was happily playing with her ducks and putting letters up on the tub wall and she suddenly sat down!:) It wasn't only for a minute either--she sat for a full 5 minutes or so! I'm so thrilled...maybe this means she'll sit in the little wading pool this summer too! Nah, that'd be pushing it, right?:)

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2EDD 10/24/03-Another Girl!:)

Shirale
06-11-2003, 06:04 PM
Yay for Arielle!!!!! I am so happy for both of you!! What a relief!! :-) I guess whatever scared her is over and done with!!!
Enjoy all the baths to come, and can't wait to do some wading pool sitting all 4 of us!!!!

brubeck
06-11-2003, 06:34 PM
Whoo hoo! Now just wait, soon she won't stand up and you'll have a hard time cleaning 'down there'!

To get her into the wading pool, you can go in too. She is probably more likely to sit in your lap than sit by herself in this big rubber thing.

sweetbasil
06-11-2003, 09:21 PM
That's so great, Rach! What a bathtime victory for you all. So did you freak out and start praising her, or try to act like nothing big had happened to avoid reversing the progress? I'd have no idea how to react! :)

atlbaby
06-11-2003, 09:46 PM
Heehee, it's funny--I was so shocked that I couldn't react at all for a minute! But I didn't want to draw attention to what she was doing (in case it was an accident:) ) so I just continued to play with her. But I called to DH and said, "you've got to come see this." He was busy and didn't want to come and I insisted and said "NO, you really won't believe this!" and he came in. We were both so amazed! Now the real test will be what she does tomorrow...:) Hope you are feeling well and aren't sweltering! It won't be long now--worst case scenerio even!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2EDD 10/24/03-Another Girl!:)

twins r fun
06-11-2003, 10:05 PM
Yeah! I hope it continues!