PDA

View Full Version : Last minute vacation travel- help!!!

mama2be
06-11-2003, 08:15 PM
Does anyone know of any company or deals for last minute traveling??? I used to have a 1-800 number of a company that would run down a bunch of cheap travel options.

I am thinking last minute to pack Steve's bags and suprise him with a trip to New Orleans or even Cancun for Father's Day. His contract at work is up for some huge negotiations that have left him very stressed...(and me)...and it requires a bid submittal that will be taking place all of next week we think, thus he'll be off of work.

The good news is if it goes the way we think it will I can be SAHM for Tristan's childhood...if it doesn't...we're moving in with Tammy and Evan (just joking)....:)

So we are in need of a fun vacation with inexpensive last minute flights...Please Help!!!!...

Thanks in advance

August Mom
06-11-2003, 08:48 PM
I don't know of a travel agency or site that will do it all for you, but we have gotten great last-minute deals on airfare with Orbitz.com and Hotwire.com. The only problem is that you can't get your seat assignment until you get to the airport. Travelocity.com and Expedia.com also usually have good last-minute weekend travel packages.

Annette_C
06-11-2003, 09:18 PM
Neve,
I have two good ones for you:
moments-notice.com and travelzoo.com
My family members and I have gotten some pretty good deals on those sites...especially last minute.
Good luck!
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

Rachels
06-12-2003, 07:23 AM
I've seen great stuff on Travelocity! Neve, give us an update! Have you found anything?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mama2be
06-12-2003, 07:27 AM
Not yet...had to wait till DH got out of the house :)...but I'm going to start searching now!!!! :)...
I'll let you know...
Thanks gals!!! Great info!!!!

Edited to say the downside of this attempt is I am use to deals in the DC area becasue you have three airports that would fly you anywhere non stop...Raleigh is a differnt critter in that aspect.

When I first went to Cancun I went to a travel agent on a Wednesday during lunch and said I wanted to get 'scuba certified anywhere they suggested" they said "When" I said "Friday" they said "which Friday" I said "day after tomorrow Friday"...I didn't know anything about Cancun when I was on a plane 36 hours later heading that way :)...

Annette_C
06-12-2003, 08:51 AM
Neve,
I forgot to mention one more "good one"....
cheapcaribbean.com! Bridget got a 7 ngts all inclusive (airfare, hotel, meals, drinks and gratuity) to the Dominicans for $600! She LOVED it! It had scuba too!
BTW...an offshoot of that site is cheapusagetaway.com.
Let us know how you do!
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

jenmcadams
06-12-2003, 11:37 AM
Neve -

How fun -- I'm jealous! Here are a few other sites that might help...

Site59
www.site59.com
Great last minute deals...normally more long-weekend focused, but they always have a good assortment of funky trips both international and in the US

LastMinuteTravel
www.lastminutetravel.com
I've never had the greatest luck with these guys, but I see them mentioned in articles sometimes.

AmericanExpress
I know that they (and a lot of other big name travel companies) offer last minute vacation packages. Here's a link I found
http://travel.americanexpress.com/travel/lmt/default.asp?bcid=1&lmt=1

11th Hour Vacations
Another one I haven't used, but it was recommended once by a friend
http://www.11thhourvacations.com/index_home.php

Finally, I might try calling some of the larger tour operators directly (folks like Apple Vacations). If their charter planes aren't full, you might get some really great deals.

Anyways, hope this helps. Let us know where you end up going :)

csa12
06-12-2003, 12:48 PM
Hi Neve!
I just emailed you some deal I received from US Air. Not sure if Cancun was listed but there are some other nice places that could work.
Good Luck,
Cheryl :)