PDA

View Full Version : Can this week get any worse?

nathansmom
06-12-2003, 11:44 AM
Update on the stolen ss card- My postman/woman (we have 2) do not remember putting anything from the ssa in our mailbox. Yes I do believe them. long story but I love our postal carriers. Thanks to Tammy I do have a US Senator looking into ways to help me.

Right after posting about my problems yesterday my mother called. She had to have emergency surgery and needed a ride. Nothing real major but it had to be done that day. On the way to pick her up I got a flat tire. Lucky for me some nice guy stopped to help me as I have never changed a flat before. Leaving the hospital we run out of gas. Once again some nice person stopped to help. He followed me to a gas station to help me pump the gas. Yes I am sad but I have never pumped my own gas. I guess I am pampered.

Last night I made a run to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription and I discover I have left my debit card at the gas station. This gas station is 30 miles away. Which to anyone who has driven roads in Utah during the summer is like a 2 hour drive.

This morning I made my morning trip out to pick up our donated breastmilk. This is a hour commute both ways. When Nathan and I get to the hospital I realize I do not have my cooler with ice. No problem the nurse says I'll find something we can use. 45 minutes later I head out to my car only to find out I have locked my keys in the car. I had to pay the locksmith $50 cash which I didn't have. Lucky for me the nurse at the milkbank was able to dig up the cash for me and I left her with a check.

I am going back to bed and I am not getting out of bed until this week is over. I have a headache.

mharling
06-12-2003, 11:49 AM
Oh my goodness, Norah!!! Dealing with a baby and any ONE of those things is bad enough. Thank goodness you managed to be around some kind strangers. :) Sounds like you're right where you belong right now. Stay there as long as you need to (or as long as Nathan will let you!).

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33928e40550

daisymommy
06-12-2003, 11:50 AM
Oh honey! You poor thing! Heres a big sympathy (((HUG))) for you. Take a deep breath, and try to relax. I know that for me, when I'm stressed out, I do all kind of crazy forgetful things that make everything worse, because my mind is not in the present moment. You have probably been thinking about the SS card, and not about bringing your keys, debit card, etc. with you. I hope you can get the situation with his ss card taken care of soon so the weight will be lifted off your shoulders!

Blessings,

sweetbasil
06-12-2003, 11:56 AM
I'm just so sorry, Norah. You're such a sweet gal, and such a trooper- everything bad that happened to you happened while you were doing sweet, selfless things for other people! I hope you'll have a chance to take some time for yourself, regroup, and let this whole week stay behind you.

Big hugs,

mamahill
06-12-2003, 12:02 PM
OH
MY
GOSH!!!!

I don't think anythink else COULD have gone wrong. I hope you were just laughing at everything by the end of the day. Stuff like that (though never in such mass quantities) always has me convinced I'm on some hidden camera show. If so, though, they have an awful lot of footage by now and I really wish they'd reveal themselves. Here's to a better week ahead of you. And yes, don't get out of bed for a while - you deserve a BIG rest!!!

twins r fun
06-12-2003, 12:14 PM
That is an unbelievably sucky two days!! And if you can't stay in bed all week, at least don't take your car anywhere!

JustMare
06-12-2003, 12:19 PM
You poor thing! As I was reading, I kept saying to myself it just can't get any worse! Thank goodness for all your kind strangers that helped you along throughout the day.

Rest up, you deserve it. Stay in bed as long as you need to!

By the way, did you get your debit card back?

celfsh
06-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Oh, Norah, you poor thing! Your story sounds like it came straight out of a movie/sitcom! Hang in there--things are bound to get better soon!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02
http://homepage.mac.com/the_big_fish

egoldber
06-12-2003, 01:10 PM
Oh Norah!!! Hugs!!!! You really need a break girlfriend!

Here's hoping your luck turns around soon!!!!

MartiesMom2B
06-12-2003, 03:50 PM
Norah, girl, stay in bed. Have DH bring you lots of chocolate and other things that bring you comfort. Ooohh I wish I could give you a hug.

I hope the SS mess straightens out and everything else!!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Melanie
06-12-2003, 05:02 PM
Oh my goodness. You needs some Ben & Jerry's R & R!

kathsmom
06-12-2003, 05:16 PM
Norah,

I am so sorry for what's happened to you over the last few days. I wish I could be there to help you out. I agree - go to bed and get some rest! Take care of yourself and let us know what is going on.

Marisa6826
06-12-2003, 05:27 PM
Oh Norah!

I am SO sorry!

Chin up Wilbur! Things will get better!

Hugs

-m

alleyoop
06-13-2003, 11:21 AM
I agree with Melanie! This calls for eating Chunky Monkey in the bathtub!

-Heather