PDA

View Full Version : So what are you getting YOUR Father for Father's Day?

lukkykatt
06-12-2003, 02:27 PM
I know things for the hubbies have been discussed, but does anyone have any good ideas for our fathers? Mine is the kind of person who has everything and always says that he doesn't need anything. Which he doesn't, but of course I WANT to get him something.

It is also DS' birthday coming up, so we are already giving him a picture, btw.

He does play tennis, and runs, but I don't know if there is any equipment he could use. If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them!

C99
06-12-2003, 02:54 PM
I'm getting my dad what I usually get him: a gift certificate to a bookstore. He doesn't need or want a lot of "stuff" but he's a voracious reader. I stopped getting him books and bookstore GCs for awhile, but he got laid off in September and hasn't found anything new so I figure getting to buy a new book or 2 will be a nice change from going to the library all the time.

AngelaS
06-12-2003, 03:01 PM
I'm still planning to make my dad a little scrapbook. I've dug out the few pics of him that I have and I'm going to do a 'What my dad taught me' book.

The one of dad and I circa 1975 w/him in rust pants and a plaid jacket: My dad taught me that clothes don't really make the man.... LOL

The one of my dad and the baby me in the chair together: My dad taught me that there's always room in your heart for one more (I was born AFTER his vasectomy!)

It'll be a bit sappy, but my dad's not an emotional guy---heck, I don't think he's ever told me he loved me. He's very practical, down to earth, lives to serve sorta guy and while we're not real close, I do really love and admire him. I thought I'd tell him..... sniff

MartiesMom2B
06-12-2003, 03:52 PM
Awww how sweet.

I just got my dad a short sleeve Van Heusen shirt. I always get him clothes, but he won't buy any on his own. Sniff sniff, now I miss my Daddy.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

nohomama
06-12-2003, 04:33 PM
Oh man, I'm sunk. I've been so worried about getting something for Dan that I completely forgot about MY Dad until I saw your post.

Ryansmom
06-12-2003, 07:32 PM
I bough my father-in-law a few books to read with his first grandchild - "Grandpa and Me", etc. He has everything else under the sun, so I thought this would be a nice gesture.

newbelly2002
06-13-2003, 05:22 AM
I'm with you, Sarah.

Too many men in my life these days (oh if only I could have had that problem a few years ago....)

Off to wrack my tired brain for the best father's day gift ever for the man who made me who I am. Sigh. The pressure.

Paula
Mama to Dante 8/1/02
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b339c8d20516

spu
06-13-2003, 07:57 AM
We're doing a father's day picnic so we're going to plan some fun munchies and go cook somewhere in the woods. My dad retired, has everything, and only shops at WalMart, so he loves stuff like this.

I couldn't resist at the mall and I bought t's and mugs with the babies picture on them.

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte & else