PDA

View Full Version : I blew my naked Tristan D-A-D-D-Y pics :(

mama2be
06-12-2003, 05:37 PM
So I took my pictures and had them developed and chose the best ones and had them made into 5x7s black and white and they (in my opinion) were the most precious things. I put Tristan out on his beloved ducky bear rug and snapped naked pics of him with the letters on him. I framed them in simple black frames and was just so excited with how cute they turned out.

So Steve jsut got home and i had to show them to him...well he seems uncomfortable with the fact that Tristan is naked and kept saying "He's naked..."...and then even covering up the nakedness with his hand...so I guess he is not happy with my efforts...

JMarie
06-12-2003, 05:53 PM
Neve, I'm certain they're adorable. I think daddy's can have a thing about that with their little boys. I have a tendency to let Aidan 'air himself out' - he just loves being naked! - and Steve gets home and immediately covers him up. Maybe it's their fear from adolescence that Mom shows his first girlfriend those kind of pictures... I can't wait to see them!

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

kathsmom
06-12-2003, 05:59 PM
Neve,

I am so sorry that Steve seems uncomfortable with them. I have a picture of Katherine and she was about 2 at the time. She was naked, because we were getting her ready for a bath, and she had gone into my closet and put on a pair of my high-heeled pumps. It was so cute! We loved it! Of course, Katherine would never let me show that picture now, because she is becoming very modest now that she is 7.

I guess some people are more comfortable with baby nudity than others. Could you retake the pictures where Tristan is naked, but laying on his tummy and have the letters propped against his side? That way, his boy parts won't show. (I am assuming that you took the pictures where you can see the boy parts and that that is what Steve is uncomfortable with).

I hope you are able to come up with a compromise!

Good luck!

bluej
06-12-2003, 06:03 PM
I'm sure he'll get over it. I know that doesn't help w/ your disappointment, especially since you were so excited and obviously you love them. I took tons of naked pics of Caden and I thought they were the most precious things ever. I have to admit, I also thought they were hilarious b/c his penis was an 'inny' b/c he was so fat. Yep, that's right my baby was so tubby that his little penis sort of popped in. Hard to explain. Anyway, Paul was mortified by the pictures. He didn't see anything cute about them and certainly didn't like the fact that we had hard solid proof that Caden at one time had a 'disappearing penis.' Several months later when he finally slimmed down and his penis popped out, Paul was able to look back at the pictures and appreciate them. I'm guessing Tristan doesn't have anything like that going on that Steve is wanting to cover up, but he may just be shocked to see his little one's privates out there for everyone to see. Someday he'll look back and be glad to have those naked pictures and I'm guessing that day will come much sooner than later.

mama2be
06-12-2003, 06:42 PM
Maybe I'm hormonal but he has hurt my feeling very very much!!!

kathsmom
06-12-2003, 06:48 PM
Jen,

I am about to fall out of my chair from laughing! That is too funny! I'm glad your DH let you keep the pics and is OK with them now. You can show those pictures when Caden gets married, because a lot of people do a slide show of the bride and groom from birth to the present time. That would be a hoot!

chrissyhowie
06-12-2003, 07:09 PM
Oh, Neve! I'm getting sad just knowing that you are unhappy! I know it's hard to not feel kind of angry and snubbed when you put all that effort into the pictures. I'm sure part of the excitement was to see Steve's reaction to them. Then when the reaction is not what you expected, it's so hard not to feel, well, just plain old MAD x( ! Just as everyone said, I'm sure he appreciates the effort you made but may not be as comfortable with the openness of the picture.

All is not lost though! How about getting some of those stickers from a photo shop that are safe to put on photos -- you could write "CENSORED" and place it where the sun don't normally shine! The rest of the pics could have a cute star or bunny sticker or something like that placed strategically. This way you could still display the photos without Steve feeling uncomfortable about them. Just tell everyone that Tristan was feeling "shy" or that he reneged on the nudity clause in his contract ;)!

egoldber
06-12-2003, 07:14 PM
Oh Neve! I think they sound beautiful! I'm sure Steve will get over his discomfort. Just think what a treasure these will be later on.

Hugs!!

sweetbasil
06-12-2003, 07:28 PM
Neve,
After all that thought, planning, and effort, I'm really sorry Steve wasn't as impressed as we all were. If my DH comes home to find DS in a shirt and diaper, he immediately asks where his shorts are, and proceeds to dress him completely. I don't get it- guys will slap each other's butts, scratch themselves, etc., but then unexpectedly get modest? Sorry, hon....

Hugs,

CherylT
06-12-2003, 08:11 PM
Hee hee!! I was going to suggest the same thing about the stickers. The craft stores have tons of different ones - I'll bet you'd be able to find something way cute! And I even think that a little colored sticker on a black & white pic might look really neat. Best wishes!!

Cheryl
SAHM to Lilli 9/20/00 & Alec 10/21/02

twins r fun
06-12-2003, 09:37 PM
I'm really sorry you didn't get the reaction you had hoped for and expected. I feel your pain-it really hurts when soemone can't see the gift from your point of view.

mama2be
06-13-2003, 08:47 AM
I wanted to thank you ladies for your reponses...I can't think of when recently I felt so crushed...I was so proud and then it haul poor t to and frou from CVS and to sepend a good 45 minutes trying my hardest to work that machine to do the pics I was just devastated.

I was so mad I went to throw them away and he did grab them out and then I hid them in the closet I was so mad at him. I think I will get stickers (great idea) but reallyw ish they said M-O-M-M-Y and I'd leave them just the way they are. Tristan seemed so proud of his little nakedness in them!!!

I'm probably just hormonal but it did hurt...:(...thanks again

nitaghei
06-13-2003, 08:54 AM
Oh Neve,

I'm so sorry that you didn't get the reaction you'd hoped for - after all your effort and thought! I would be hurt too!! What is it with men?!

Nita

cinrein
06-13-2003, 09:43 AM
Neve,
I'm so sorry Steve didn't appreciate the pictures and he hurt your feeleings. All the trouble you went to too! Please don't throw them away! I beg of you! Tristan will never be that little again and I would bet everything that one day Steve will treasure those pictures of your naked little boy.

I know just what you mean about seeming proud of their little nakedness. My Anna is almost the same age as Tristan and she just loves to be naked now. After acting like we were pouring hot oil on her whenever we tried to bathe or change her during her first couple weeks home with us, this is a welcome change!

Chin up and don't throw those pictures away!!

Cindy
Mama to Anna 2/11/03

nigele
06-13-2003, 12:55 PM
Tell Steve to quit being such a prude! ;-) I'm sure they are adorable!!

nigele
06-13-2003, 12:58 PM
We have a naked pic of Tom in a cupid pose and I've been searching for a grape leaf sticker to cover his wee-wee just for fun!

lukkykatt
06-13-2003, 01:13 PM
I am sure that they are great! Maybe just put them away for a while and then bring them out again later? Maybe Steve's perspective will change with a little time.

FYI, I had naked pictures taken of both my boys. It's such a precious but fleeting time! For my first son, I had a little cloth draped over him. But my second son posed in the Full Monty! Just now getting around to framing it and hanging it up. Hope DH won't flip when he sees it! Maybe it's a guy thing...

gravymommy3
06-13-2003, 01:22 PM
Neve,

If you have the pics on a disc (or can get them on a disc) I can go in and cover up full frontal nudity. If it is just a cute little butt butt, then I think they are just fine. Let me know if you need me to help "hide" anything...

mama2be
06-13-2003, 01:58 PM
Amy you are just the greatest!!! I don't have them on a disc but will see what I need to do to put them on one...It's not a cute butt butt...but a cute pee pee...but I think it is adorable. I wondered if I was going against the PC of today and felt I had support so proceeded but maybe I'm clueless...

My mom backed Steve's feeling and I so wanted to remind her that she had me running around the French Riviera when I was in first grade nude!!!!

MartiesMom2B
06-13-2003, 02:01 PM
Neve:

Hugs hugs hugs from me & Martie. I'm so sorry that he didn't like your pictures. I'm sure they are great. I don't think you are being hormonal b/c I would've done the same thing.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

liya
06-13-2003, 04:03 PM
oh no!!!! im so so sorry that Steve reacted that way Neve..It isnt your hormones that must have really hurt..I wouldve been devastated if Ricky did that and after all that effort... : ( These ladies have been so helpfull that i really have nothing else to add, except so many HUGS to you and if you need any help in editing the pictures you can count on my husband and me..He just read the thread and felt so bad that he offered to edit the pics himself....

Again <<<<xoxo>>

partyof5
06-13-2003, 04:54 PM
Hi Neve!

That is such a bummer! I'm sure the pics came out beautiful. I would feel the exact same way you do so it's not hormones. Maybe you could cover the naked parts with a small piece of pastel blue ribbon cut in an artsy kind of way, KWIM? Like they show sometimes on pictures of cherubs. Did that make sense? Sometimes DHs just don't get how thoughtful we're trying to be.

Hugs...

gravymommy3
06-13-2003, 06:03 PM
Well, I have a couple where Hayden's little privates are showing that were not intentional but very cute nonetheless. Get them on disc and let me see what I can do "tone them down" a little. And I agree with you - little naked babies are the cutest. It was very sweet of you to make the effort to make him such a personal gift.

Hang in there.