PDA

View Full Version : My D-A-D-D-Y Photos: Which Ones Should I Use?

August Mom
06-13-2003, 06:33 AM
Okay, time's almost up and Father's Day is almost here. I've taken DS's picture and printed some out. However, I'm having a tough time deciding which 3 "D" photos to use. Please help me decide. Right now, the first 5 photos in the attached album are the ones I'm leaning toward (in that order), but I'm especially not sure about the first one where DS has the letter in his mouth. Which 3 "D" photos are your favorites? Also, I put a second "Y" photo in the album. I think that I like the first one, but the "Y" is tilted so I wasn't sure if it was hard to read. The other "Y" photo is cute, but I didn't really like the "Y" partially obscuring DS's face. What do you think?

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32216f8e4b1&notag=1

Rachels
06-13-2003, 06:44 AM
I like # 1, 2, 4 or 8, 6, and 9-- but they're all so precious you really can't lose. What a cutie!!!!!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Andrea S
06-13-2003, 07:43 AM
I like 1,2,4 and Y2 (the Y covering part of his face.)

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

alleyoop
06-13-2003, 07:47 AM
I agree! Darling photos!

egoldber
06-13-2003, 07:54 AM
That is precious!

For D, I like 1,3 and 5

For Y, both are adorable, but I prefer the first one.

nigele
06-13-2003, 07:57 AM
Adorable!!!

My favorites are:

D - 3, 4, 5, 6

Y - 2

KimberleyDawn
06-13-2003, 08:25 AM
I like:
D4, A, D1, D5, Y2!!
Are you doing each pic with a boarder in one big frame or a collage? Let us know which ones you end up using.
Kim
P.S.
My pictures are finally ready and I can't wait for William to wake so we can go get them.

sweetbasil
06-13-2003, 08:26 AM
Ditto to what Lisa said...D- 3, 4, 5, 6; Y- 2

Precious! Great job!

cara1
06-13-2003, 08:26 AM
I prefer the ones where you can see his face, rather than his back. And I like the second Y...precious.

mama2be
06-13-2003, 09:13 AM
OH this hard because he is just too darn cute...can we not for the cuteness sake spell "daddy" "dadddddyy":)...i haven't read the others reposnses so that my thoughts are untainted...once I write down my thoughts I'm curious as to what others wrote...

I think this is what I'd do...BUT you can't go wrong with any of the scenrios :)
D1
A
D4
D2
Y2

I have to admit I keep changing from D2 to D5...I love the face on D2 which to me means you have to have it BUT I also like the D5 because it shows his length at this age :)...

I chose D4 to be the first "D" in the back to back "Ds" because you see the "D" and thus get's it's consistency that it spells out Daddy...does that make sense???:)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Y2!!!!! I love that he is showing it with so much pride!!!!!-I think it's my favorite due to that prideful look!!!

stillplayswithbarbies
06-13-2003, 09:16 AM
They are all cute! I like Y2 where he is holding it better than the other Y one.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel 2/27/91
Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

August Mom
06-13-2003, 10:22 AM
I'm using an Umbra frame that I bought at Linens 'n Things. it's wood with a cherry finish and holds 5 4x6s. There's wood around each photo.

Please share your pictures when you get them.

August Mom
06-13-2003, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the rationale, Neve. I'm not the only one really thinking about this. :) Here's the rationale for my original arrangement: D1 and Y1 on the ends because they are both closeups, D2 in the middle because he's looking at the camera and I like his expression and A and D3 because he's looking toward the center. I really like D4 but I wasn't sure I liked it next to D2 because they are both at the window and pretty similar. I do like your point about being able to see the first "D" clearly. That's the problem with D2, but I like his expression so I think it's in the mix.

mama2be
06-13-2003, 11:29 AM
OK gals it's hard to compare "perfect" and "perfect"...as in chandra's case you can't go wrong with either one they are just precious!!!!! and I so love the "D" that starts it all off...look at that adorable face!!! I like the "hat" "A" best I think...I love the little legs sprawled out and the hat just makes me melt!!!!

Again though...can't go wrong with either one :)

August Mom
06-13-2003, 12:32 PM
I agree with Neve. Both are cute, but I like the hat "A" best. You can see the "A" straight on and, with none of the other letters after the "A" showing the front of Nate's face, I thought the hat pic went the best. BTW, my overall favorite is the first "D" photo. He looks so cute and happy! :)

alleyoop
08-25-2003, 11:18 PM
You guys are so brillent... I thought I would stand on the shoulders of giants with this one and do a D-A-D-D-Y picture collage too. I should have varied Nate's surrondings more, but he was a little cranky, so I had to act fast.

I finally decided on the 'D's... but I have an 'A' problem. Anyone have an opinion on which one of these comps they like better? I am going to frame them seperately, but I just photoshopped them together so that I can easily post them here. I like seeing his face, but I think that the hat is fun, too. HELP!

Sorry they are so small. FYI, he is smiling in the 'Y' picture, and that black thing in the second D is our poodle.

Thanks so much!

Heather - Mom to Nate (9/28/02)