PDA

View Full Version : ideas for 20 year old's bday?

smomom
06-16-2003, 08:08 AM
really off the subject I know, but my niece is turning 20 soon. (My little baby girl is growing up!) We don't live in the same city and I would love to send her something really cool. Price range is around $50. She is studying nursing, but I don't think I want to bore her with medical books. She love picture frames, purses, candles - actually she's fairly easy to please.

Has anyone run across any cool gifts lately they would recommend?

thanks so much!

MartiesMom2B
06-16-2003, 08:45 AM
I just got this awesome purse that looks like a chinese take out box. It's not a practical purse, but I plan on taking it with me as a bag for weddings. My SIL got it for me for my birthday. I looked on the web for a similar bag and here's a site with cool purses. I think this is where my SIL got it since she lives in NJ.

http://www.funksational.com/pursess.html

HTH!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

sparkeze
06-16-2003, 10:34 PM
How about a candlemaking book w/some starter supplies? That might be fun. I recently got a soapmaking book for a gift and I never thought about making my own but after reading about it I'm really anxious to try it!

heidi_timms
06-17-2003, 01:32 AM
Here are some things that I would like. I'm not exactly 20 (29), but I have pretty young taste.

1. Jewelry from "The Limited" stores. I always get compliments on my necklaces and bracelets from there.

2. Sparkly lotion and sparkly hairspray for parties or going out.

3. Velour sweatsuit (like JLo)

4. Cute Pajamas

5. Set of nicer Shampoo/Conditioner from the beauty supply store

6. Manicure and Pedicure

Happy Shopping!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

smomom
06-17-2003, 08:47 AM
thanks so much for the suggestion. I think I am going with the take out purse. Now I have to decide which color. what color do you have? I am torn between the fuschia and the black/purple.

decisions, decisions....

MartiesMom2B
06-17-2003, 08:52 AM
I got the black red! I can't wait to show it off!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

smomom
06-17-2003, 09:49 AM
I went with the black/purple. I also ordered her a couple of the lavender pillows. I think she will love it all.

Thanks again to you and all of the other ideas!