PDA

View Full Version : I need advice: Tristan under his Symphony Mobile in crib

mama2be
06-16-2003, 04:22 PM
He is acting spastic under this mobile and has just discovered his "voice" and screetches...he wiggles his little body and flaps his little arms and legs...and scootches on his back flapping away...

Would you say he is loving it or is over stimulated...HELP!!!!
It's hard to tell his cries from screetches of delight!!!!

I know little about babies until I had him...I need help translating!!!!

mamahill
06-16-2003, 04:32 PM
I would say he's "talking" to it, unless he really seems distressed. Is he crying? Or just screeching? When Ainsleigh would be overstimulated, she'd thrash almost like she was trying to block everything out (which she probably WAS trying to do) and cry almost inconsolably. If this sounds like Tristan, than maybe just let the mobile be still? Otherwise, I think he's just recounting his day to his friends on the mobile;).

lisams
06-16-2003, 04:53 PM
Sounds like your little guy is loving it!! My DD and my friend's babies did the same thing; I don't know what it is about that mobile but babies tend to love it! When my DD is over stimulated, she turns her head away or starts crying. Isn't so fun to see them get so excited about something?!

Lisa

sweetbasil
06-16-2003, 05:15 PM
He sounds excited and just like a happy little guy to me...he's obviously been blessed with at least as much spunk and spirit as his mama! ;)

cinrein
06-16-2003, 08:39 PM
This makes me laugh because Anna started with the screetching a couple of weeks ago and is still going strong. It's like she just figured out how to do it and now does it all the time. She makes such a sad face when she cries that I know it's not an upset sound. I think Tristan is just having fun. Could this be what a squeal of delight is?

Anna does the spastic flapping too--but in her Kick-n-Play bouncer. I think she figured out that she could make the music play and lights flash with her feet and went all spastic on me.

Every morning I just can't wait to go get her and see what she's going to do today!

Cindy
Mama to Anna 2/11/03

mama2be
06-16-2003, 08:46 PM
well I'm glad you all think it is a good thing...becasue I removed him from it before you all posted "trying to save him"...I wasn't convinced :)...

It is amazing these past two weeks have been huge!!!! (do you know I catch myself saying "these past two weeks have been huge" every two weeks :))...

MartiesMom2B
06-16-2003, 08:55 PM
Neve:

I'm glad that you've posted this b/c I've heard some peeps from Martie and cooing and at first I thought that she was about to throw a fit but she was talking to that silly monkey on that Symphony Mobile. That mobile has been one of my best buys.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

JMarie
06-16-2003, 08:59 PM
Aidan constantly squeals at his Symphony in Motion mobile! I think he's just crazy about the monkey - we have one hanging from the handle of his carseat carrier and he just LOVES his monkey! You're right about the every-two-weeks thing though. A's getting such a personality and the way he gets this HUGE smile when I'm holding him and then he does one of those I'm-shy faceplants into my shoulder - I just melt. It's just amazing...

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

JMarie
06-16-2003, 09:00 PM
EXACTLY! It's all about the monkey!

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher 01/28/03

lisams
06-16-2003, 09:31 PM
My DD LOVED the monkey!!!!!!!!!!

Andrea S
06-16-2003, 09:35 PM
Andrew does the shy faceplants. I love it when I am holding him and people talk to him he plants his face in my shoulder then slowing looks at the person with a little grin on his face. Soo cute. Don't you love watching this little person blossom.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

AngelaS
06-17-2003, 06:03 AM
My 13 month old has started doing this too! It's so precious! We'll work on teaching her to reply to people when she's older. LOL For now, I like those cuddles! :D

chrissyhowie
06-17-2003, 06:31 AM
Chloe has a serious crush on Mr. Bird. Mr. Frog is pretty oblivious to it all, and Mr. Monkey is getting kind of jealous...;)