PDA

View Full Version : Sad story

heytootsy
06-18-2003, 08:32 AM
A friend was just killed in Iraq- shot in the back by a sniper. His wife just had a baby a few months ago. The really sad thing is that he never was able to meet his baby boy. He was born just before he went overseas. I cannot even imagine how his wife must feel. My prayers are with her and the family.

mama2be
06-18-2003, 09:03 AM
I am so sorry for the loss of your friend...I can speak first hand to just make certain that you take your friends cues on what to do and how to help her. One of my best friend's (college room mate/bridesmaid)husband was killed when his military helicopter went down in March last year and she was pregnant. NOTHING can prepare you for this, just make certain you are there for her. The military does SO much to help these widows grieve they didn't leave Anne's side...but as months pass they are not there as much and I think that is when she found she needed us the most.

I am heart broken over your loss...and our country's loss in this situation in Iraq and please know they will be in our thoughts...

COElizabeth
06-18-2003, 10:18 AM
I'm so sorry.

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

MartiesMom2B
06-18-2003, 10:21 AM
I'm so sorry. I will keep your friend and her family in my prayers.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

nigele
06-18-2003, 11:48 AM
How very sad. I'm so sorry for your friend's wife and child.

1stTimeMummytoLorelai
06-18-2003, 01:07 PM
My husband is there right now, he left shortly after we got pregnant and I'm due in September. This is the nightmare I have had almost every night since the last day I saw him.

I am so sorry for your friend. Encourage her to utilize all the resources the military has at her disposal (family readiness groups, chaplains, support groups, etc.) and then just be there for her.

Every military wife fears this, but none of us ever believe it's actually going to happen.

My prayers are with her (and with you as you try to help her through this).

Kate

jojo2324
06-18-2003, 03:34 PM
I am so sorry for your friend's loss. What terribly sad news. Know that I am thinking of her, her wonderfully brave husband, and, of course, their beautiful baby boy.

Annette_C
06-18-2003, 07:28 PM
I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend. I heard it on the news and immediately I thought how sad for the family...especially now that the official war is over!
I hope his wife and baby are going to be ok....it's hard to lose a spouse....I know how she feels.
My thoughts and prayers are with her.
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

etwahl
06-18-2003, 07:40 PM
Wow, while I thankfully don't know how it feels to be in her situation right now, I certainly know that I had fears that this would happen to us. My husband left two months before our daughter was born and came home two months after her birth. I was so thankful when he finally came home...however, his "last letter" somehow made it to me through the mail, and it made me cry so hard. He actually thought he would die. Unfortunately, my husband knows a lot of people who have died in the military. It's terrible. I'm very sorry for your friend's loss.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

mharling
06-18-2003, 08:09 PM
I cannot fathom what it must feel like to lose a husband at all, let alone in these circumstances. My hearts goes out to your friend, her beautiful baby boy and their friends and family.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33928e40550

nathansmom
06-18-2003, 11:53 PM
I am so sorry. My prayers tonight will be for your friend.

chrissyhowie
06-19-2003, 06:52 AM
I am so sorry. Your friend's wife and baby will be in my thoughts.

starrynight
06-19-2003, 02:34 PM
I'm so sorry for your friend. I will keep her family in my prayers.