PDA

View Full Version : need ideas - 1st birthday coming up

MKH76
06-18-2003, 11:32 AM
We just moved to a new area and we've met very few people. I'm feeling very sad because I loved our little playdates with all the other little babies we knew. Josh is turning one next month and I was looking for first birthday ideas, memories people have, things they wish they had/hadn't done, gift ideas, and most importantly, I am looking for a way to try to include grandparents, even though they live in Florida and we live in Alaska.

We are planning to picnic out on a secluded beach behing a winery with some people we met that own the property, since it is Josh's favorite place to go since we've been here. He likes watching the water and the animals and being outside. Honestly, buffalo, cows and moose frequent the same road we have to take, and Josh laughs and points when we are sitting on the side of the road waiting for the animals to pass. He's so smart for being so little. I can't believe he will be a year already!!

kfcboston
06-18-2003, 12:01 PM
I have no experience with first birthdays (except my own!) but video or audio tapes could be a nice way to include the grandparents. They could send along a video or audio greeting, sing to him, etc. for him to see/hear on the big day! Just a thought. Have fun!