PDA

View Full Version : OT: Any Johnny Cash fans?

flagger
06-19-2003, 09:17 AM
We were channel surfing yesterday and Cocoa was overtired doing that screaming I don't want to but I need to go to sleep type of cry.

We came across CMT and they were playing a video of Johnny Cash singing the Nine Inch Nails song Hurt. Well in the time it took the video to play out she was asleep. CMT added a tag line at the end dedicating it to June Carter Cash.

I went out and searched for the video online and came up with the video director's link: http://www.markromanek.com/video/14.html

(you have to click on music video under the song title to get it to play)

Anything that works, I thought I would share even if you are neither Cash or NIN fans. :)

smomom
06-19-2003, 09:43 AM
thanks for the link. I am at work right now and can't get to it, but I will definitely have to try it from home.

Weird timing on your posting. My DH is heading out tonight for a boy's lake weekend and is so excited because his friend is bringing that Johnny Cash CD to listen to on the drive down.

as we grow old it's the little things that excite us, right?

jojo2324
06-19-2003, 09:48 AM
It's a good album, and how cool is Johnny Cash for covering Nine Inch Nails and Depeche Mode? :) But a sad video. Mark Romanek can get a bit dark at times.

Haven't tried it as a sleep tactic yet. Sesame Street worked for us this morning!! Talk about the other end of the spectrum! :)

mam615
06-19-2003, 02:01 PM
Wow -- great video. Thanks for sharing. JC has made some amazing albums in these last few years. So glad he is still mangaging to work. I saw him perform with the Carter sisters about 11 years ago at a county fair in Massachusetts. We sat on a blanket right in front of the tiny stage -- totally amazing.

flagger
06-19-2003, 09:03 PM
Yes a sad video, but still a powerful song by the man in black.

There are people who prefer Tori Amos or David Bowie's version of Hurt but I am partial to Cash.