PDA

View Full Version : Feeling a little stressed here!!!

momathome
06-19-2003, 10:21 AM
Oh, my, I don't even know where to begin. My grandmother, whom I am very close to, has been in the hospital for over a month. She is finally starting to feel a little better following a full aray of surgical procedures. I've been visiting her in the hospital in Philadelphia several times a week over the last month. I went to visit her yesterday afternoon after yet another surgery - she was in ICU but doing much better. So after a marathon visit with her that included close to 2 hours of round-trip driving, I picked up my girls from a friend's house and rushed home to make dinner. Last night I received a call from my brother-in-law saying the my sister-in-law was in the hospital - she is 26 weeks into her pregnancy and started bleeding heavily yesterday. They think her placenta may have partially torn away from the uterine wall, causing the bleeding. I don't know if this is considered placenta previa or what, but she will be seen by a perinatologist today. At 4:30am last night, Liza woke up with a bad dream and it took a while to settle her back into her bed. Then, Kasey, who normally wakes up around 7:30am, decided to start her day at 6:15am, yelling LOUDLY for Mommy from her crib until I dragged myself out of bed and brought her down stairs. Liza slept until 8:30am, which seemed nice at the time until I realized she was running a fever. I don't know if I can get through my day if it means I need to keep my eyes open - exactly how important is that to functioning??? Sorry for the long rant but I feel like I need a spa weekend - at the very least, I need to go to bed and not get up for 48 hours!!!
-Lauren

beckyr88
06-19-2003, 11:21 AM
Wow...my thoughts are with your grandmother and your sister and law and her baby. I have nothing to say that will help, so sorry!

Also, hope Liza feels better soon too.

Just take a few deep breaths and order pizza for dinner tonight--no cooking or cleaning, at least. Take care.

momathome
06-19-2003, 12:55 PM
Thank you. Of course, to top it all off, my husband imformed me that he needs to bring in about 5 dozen cookies for work tomorrow - once a month, the group he is in get together to celebrate any birthdays that have taken place in the last month. How sweet. Translation - I get to make 5 dozen cookies for my dh this afternoon. Oh, joy.
-Lauren
P.S. The dog just threw up.

twins r fun
06-19-2003, 01:03 PM
Lauren,

Sorry you are having a rough time. When it rains, it pours, huh? How is your SIL doing now? And your DD? Well, the day is half over-you just need to get through the rest of it and then can go back to bed. After you make all those cookies! How do you feel about Pillsbury slice and bake?

COElizabeth
06-19-2003, 01:26 PM
Yikes, that is a lot of stress! I hope your grandmother recovers well, your sister-in-law and baby are okay, and Liza gets better soon. I think I'd vote for the break off and bake cookies, too, and ask DH to do it when he gets home!

Elizabeth
Mom to James
9-20-02

Andrea S
06-19-2003, 02:05 PM
So sorry for everything you are going through. I hope everyone starts feeling better and you can get some rest. Call your husband and tell him to pick some cookies up on the way home.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

starrynight
06-19-2003, 02:26 PM
Good grief! I hope things start to calm down on your end. I will say a prayer for your sil and her baby and also your grandma. Hang in there!

momathome
06-19-2003, 04:16 PM
Thank you all for the good wishes. I just talked to my BIL and he said that my SIL is okay - they have come to the conclusion that she was just overdoing it - she is working full-time as a teacher and in the last few weeks of school, things have gotten really crazy for her. She also has a 3 year-old son and a 2 year-old daughter - the new baby is due in September. This is her 5th pregnancy in 4 years - she has had 2 miscarriages in addition to the 3 successful prenancies. She is also a diabetic. They are keeping her for observation tonight in the hospital and may make her go on modified bedrest. At least the baby is okay.
As far as the cookies go, no, I cannot really cheat and use the slice-and-bake because DH bragged to everyone at work about the "wonderful" chocolate peanut butter cookies I make - thank you, Honey!
And my day continues....
-Lauren

chrissyhowie
06-19-2003, 06:07 PM
Hey, I think your chocolate peanut butter cookies just bought you that new pair of shoes I know you've been eyeing :* LOL!

I'm so glad to hear that your SIL is okay. I hope everyone else (including the dog!) settles down as well. Best wishes for a good night's sleep!

spu
06-19-2003, 06:45 PM
wow. that's more than enough to have to deal with at once. I'm glad your SIL is doing better. How terribly scary that must have been. I'm glad they're watching her closely. And how's your grandmother doing? She's lucky to have such a sweet granddaughter!

--- oh and yes, those cookies -- perhaps a really long backrub or visit to a spa might be appropriate?

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte & else

momathome
06-20-2003, 09:43 AM
So, the cookies got made and the kids got to bed and I dove into the whirlpool bath with a good book - yay!!! My grandmother is still so-so. We were hoping she would be able to come home today but unfortunately her bloodwork was not looking good again. It's so frustrating. She's only 77 years old but is already convinced because of all of the medical problems she has had that it may be her time to go. At this point, I just want to get her the heck out of the hospital already. She is my last living grandparent and I am not that anxious for her to "go" anywhere. Ugh!
As far as owing myself a treat for making it through my day from hell, does a $67 Hanna order count? Of course, it is stuff for the girls but I find I have a hard time anymore indulging in things for myself.
-Lauren