PDA

View Full Version : He's finally getting the reading thing!!

jojo2324
06-19-2003, 08:38 PM
It took months, but it seems like he'll actually sit through a book now! I am soooo happy, especially since I have spent a small fortune on board books at TJ Maxx. Before I would try to read to him, and he would just stick the book in his mouth. But these last couple of days he's been sitting still and looking at the pictures and turning the pages!! I just want to cry it's so sweet. Tonight was the cutest when we read The Very Quiet Cricket by Eric Carle. When we got to the last page, where the cricket chirps, you could just see the wheels turning, like, "I did that! I flipped the page and he chirped!" He furrowed his brow and stuck out his tongue a little bit and kept flipping the page. He is such a little human!! I swear fall in love with more and more every day; I didn't even think that was possible! :)

mam615
06-19-2003, 09:02 PM
Hooray for Gannon! Isn't it fun?? I have a ton of books for Dorothy, but 4 that I focus on, 2 of which are interactive. But her favorite is this giant Pooh board book. I read somewhere that babies like simple books the best, and I believe it. Each page has one or two pictures (from the classic Pooh stories) and a few big bold words. I can just feel her whole body sigh in contentment as we read this one. She doesn't quite turn the pages, but she lifts her hand as if to tell me it's time to move on. So sweet!