PDA

View Full Version : What to wear swimming?

cara1
06-20-2003, 12:05 PM
No idea if this belongs in Layette/Diapers/Lounge, but here it is. I'm being optimistic that this cold rainy weather will finally let up by July 4th, and would like to put DS in the kiddie pool at my Mom's place. I have a cute little swimsuit from the Gap for him, but what do I put underneath? Those swim diapers? They have all these fancy designs, so I thought they were supposed to be worn by themselves. Is there a brand of swim diaper that someone recommends?

Momof3Labs
06-20-2003, 12:15 PM
Try searching the baby butts board - there has been a lot of discussion about swim diapers in the last few months.

JustMare
06-20-2003, 12:25 PM
I am no where near ready for swim diapers, but I had the same question! I was watching a commerical for them and had no idea if they went under a suit or were to be worn alone.

So don't worry, your not the only one! :)

egoldber
06-20-2003, 01:05 PM
For your mom's kiddie pool, you can do whatever you like. :) For a public pool, the Lil Swimmers type swim diapers are required even under a bathing suit.

When we went to the beach with Sarah, I just let her run around in a swim diaper and put a T-shirt on her when we weren't in the water. Since we were in and out of the pool/ocean all day, I found a bathing suit to be too much trouble to deal with.

HTH,

JustMare
06-20-2003, 01:12 PM
Thanks Beth, I knew you would know! :)

cara1
06-20-2003, 04:43 PM
Yeah, but a girl's suit is much more of a pain than a boy's suit. I think I mis-spoke, it's the public kiddie pool, not a backyard thing. So I should get the little swimmers, huh? And then the trunks on top are optional, I guess?

lukkykatt
06-22-2003, 07:21 AM
Yes, get the Little Swimmers. I always put a pair of trunks on top - but that is up to you. I also like to use swim shoes in a public pool too. You can get them at Target. Then you are all set!