PDA

View Full Version : What did you do if you didn't have a christening?

dogmom
06-20-2003, 03:53 PM
My son was born in January and we had a miserable winter and we were in the middle of a kitchen remodel (don't ask), so we never had any kind of official welcome event. I never sent out announcements because there was no way I was going to do it by myself and my DH didn't see the point. We are not having him baptized (still undecided about the whole religion thing) but I would like to have something. He will be six months soon and I thought I could have a little party and send cute invites with his current stats and a picture. Since he's a January baby, it might be nice to celebrate his birthday on the 1/2 in July anyway. I think I can handle a party now. The thing is, how do I NOT make it look like I'm begging for gifts? People have been so generous, we still have gifts trickling in. I certainly don't won't people thinking they need to bring something. Any ideas on what I could call it? Phrasing for invite?

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03

Melanie
06-20-2003, 05:51 PM
If you wanted, I would think you could still just do announcements along with a little letter about him at this age.

momathome
06-20-2003, 08:49 PM
We are also still undecided on the religion thing - I am a lapsed-Catholic and dh is a lapsed-Jew. Because of this, when our girls were born, we had a "Welcome to the World" party for them. Basically, it was just a nice opportunity for family and friends to come and meet the baby, eat some good food, and if a present or 2 trickled in, who were we to turn it down!?!? Good luck!
-Lauren