PDA

View Full Version : OT: Suite hotels in Manhattan?

Rachels
06-22-2003, 04:46 PM
I know there's a DoubleTree in Times Square, but I'm having trouble finding other suite hotels in NYC. We're going for a few days later in the summer with Abigail and my stepson Corbin, and we really need both a bedroom and a sitting room. Corbin is 14 and tends not to want to sleep on a baby's schedule. Any recommendations?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

egoldber
06-22-2003, 07:07 PM
Awhile ago I recommended the Bedford Hotel at 40th and Lex. It's a small, intimate hotel and was very baby friendly. My SIL had all her wedding guests stay there. We had a "regular" room, but my in-laws had a suite that was really quite spacious. Their rates are very reasonable by Manhattan standards. The closest subway station is Grand Central and its about 10 minutes from Penn Station by taxi.

HTH,

chrissyhowie
06-22-2003, 08:26 PM
I would check out this website to see if any of the locations of these suite hotels work for you.
http://www.affinia.com/6_1_hotel_locator_map.cfm

They own a lot of different buildings around the city. I used to live near the all-suite hotel on 34th Street. Apparently this group took it over and did some major renovations to it. Hope you find something that will fill your needs.

Rachels
06-23-2003, 07:38 AM
Thanks, I'll check these out. Beth, I knew you had suggested one before, but I couldn't find the old thread. Last time we went to NY, the Bedford was sold out. I'll look at these.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

egoldber
06-23-2003, 07:52 AM
LOL! I tried to find the old thread too because at first I couldn't remember the name of the hotel, but it finally came to me. :)

mam615
06-23-2003, 10:22 PM
My family stayed in a 2BR + sitting room suite at the Helmsley Windsor (58th & 6th I think) on the Thanksgiving after 9/11/01. They got an amazing rate at the time, but not sure how the prices are nowadays. It's a small hotel with no lobby to speak of, but nice, clean rooms.

I stayed in a suite at the Grammercy Park hotel (20th & Lex I think) around the same time. (I was in between apartments because of a nightmare sublet situation -- don't get me started...) Again, the price was great at the time, but not sure about now. The Grammercy is a little run down, but a lovely location if you don't need to be in midtown.