PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for saying

Lori in NJ
06-24-2003, 07:33 PM
Hello,

My husband's buddy from college got married & had children before us--I'd never been very close w/his wife but she has been INCREDIBLE to me through my pregnancy... She gave me a TON of maternity clothes when I first got pregnant--I lost the baby but she told me to hang on to the clothes anyway. During this pregnancy she contacted me and let me know she just got another box of her maternity stuff back from a friend, did I want it? HELLO!!??!! She shipped it to me and is now sending me her breast pump and let me know she has baby clothes awaiting my arrival too...

Can anyone give me any suggestions of ways I can thank her for all of her generousity? Or at least an idea of how much I should spend w/o making her feel uncomfortable...

Thanks in advance!
Lori

Marisa6826
06-24-2003, 08:00 PM
I would take her to lunch. If you're not comfortable doing that, you can always send flowers.

If you're really up for "repaying" her, why don't the four of you go out for dinner?

Dinner is usually how we thank friends that have done us big favours.

Another idea (you said they have kids, right?) is to offer to watch them so she and her DH can have a real date. God knows Jonathan and I would love that!

-m

ddmarsh
06-24-2003, 08:16 PM
Since what she has done is child-related and she has children, what about a gift of some kind for her child(ren)? I love to give children's books because they have such meaning and are used for so long.

She sounds like such a thoughtful person, she must really think alot of you :).

Debbie

Lori in NJ
06-25-2003, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the great suggestions--they actually live over 2 hours away so it's not realistic to do the meal thing... I was thinking maybe a massage or something for her at a spa she likes.. ???

I guess I could always do a gift card to a nice restaurant near them too...so many choices, time is running out... :0)

Lori

blnony
06-25-2003, 04:10 PM
I think the spa idea is wonderful. Any mom could use that! And its personalized to her, which I think makes a wonderful gift.

MartiesMom2B
06-25-2003, 05:17 PM
You're so lucky to have a supportive friend like that. Yes the spa idea is wonderful. I"m sure your husband's friend would be really appreciate the though.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03