PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas for baby shower hostess gifts? r/o please

ChrisH2
07-02-2003, 09:02 AM
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this topic, but you have given such good advice on my other threads I've started!

My mom, sister, mil and sil are hosting two baby showers for me and I would like to get them something special.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Chris

heidi_timms
07-02-2003, 10:06 AM
I love the gifts on redenvelope.com. They have such beautiful things. I would also suggest a manicure or pedicure to pamper or a box of See's candy.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

posterelle
07-02-2003, 10:30 AM
I gave a gift certificate to a spa -- could be redeemed for facial or massage or manicure, etc. Seemed to be very appreciated.

mama2be
07-02-2003, 11:31 AM
Chris,

I love what I bought mine. I bought them each a charm on a sterling necklace. the charm is called a "prayer box" and it opens up and Steve wrote a prayer on the computer shrunk it and put it in there. I Got hem 1/2 off at Belks locally so they were $20 (a sale they calim to always have)...

BUT yesterday i saw them , the exact ones, at one of the "top boutiques" in Raleigh...and they were $20 without the chain. Belks also had them in a braclet form. All of the girls loved them.

I Chased down an admin at the hospital where I gave birth at...she was wearing one and I HAD to have it!!! I assumed it was about $100 or so and was thrilled to find the price very "do able" and bought I think 9 of them :)...there are bout 5 different styles.

Flagger gave one to his wife as her "labor present" and he said she loved it...I changed the box theyw ere in to look more "boutique" than they were:)

memedee
07-02-2003, 07:30 PM
Are you anywhere near a Burberry outlet.?
Their umbrellas are very nice and perfect as a shower present.
Anything from Tiffanys is nice.
They have key chains and pens,purse mirrors,stationary and the little blue box that are not terribly expensive.
One of my favorites is a leather brag book embossed with my initials.
They have them at Leather World in Newton Mass.
They come in several colors and they hold 4x6 photos.HTH