PDA

View Full Version : This is probably why I should be CDing...

KimberleyDawn
07-17-2003, 12:05 AM
I'm constantly having problems with the stores running out of Pampers Cruisers size 3!!!!!!!
I go to Wal-Mart--nothing, Zellers--out too, BRU--WAY TOO EXPENSIVE (if they even have any left) and last but not least the endless grocery stores I'll try before I have to settle for a) a larger size in the Cruisers or b) use Huggies (not that Huggies are bad it's just that they don't quite fit the same and aren't scented!). I know that this seems like a senseless rant and I probably should have posted this at the Bitching forum but...I LOVE MY CRUISERS and when I need diapers I need diapers and not the huge headache that comes with the inevitable diaper search.
Am I alone or are there other crazy people like me that just love a product and will waste lots of gas to find it before finally throwing in the towel and getting another brand?
Kim

wendmatt
07-17-2003, 01:53 AM
YES, I feel exactly the same way! And why is it that everyone runs out of size 3 all the time!! I hate the baby dry, the tab is sharp and huggies smell funny to me, so I'm a pampers cruisers adict and will go all over to find them (much to my dhs chagrin!)

josephsmom
07-17-2003, 07:48 AM
Do you have an Eckerd near you? I always buy my diapers there. Not only are they always in stock, but they have the best price. Almost every week their sale circular has a coupon for $8.99 Jumbo packs of both Huggies and Pampers. That's great for me because I use Cruisers during the day and Huggies Overnites at night. When I combine the store coupon with manufacturers' coupons, the Pampers and Huggies end up costing no more than the cheaper brands. Try Eckerd if you have one!

Helene
mommy to Joseph 12/29/01

cinrein
07-17-2003, 08:08 AM
I get my size 3 Pamper cruisers at BJs. Huge box of 132 of 'em. Do you have a BJs or Costco? How about Target? My Walmart is always out of them too, plus I try to avoid Walmart like the plague.

Cindy
Mama to Anna 2/11/03

kransden
07-17-2003, 08:23 AM
If you get 'Baby Talk' or 'American Baby" one of them has a 15% off coupon every month for diapers at BRU. One month it is Pampers the next month Huggies. If you combine that coupon with a regular store coupon it is about the same price as any place else. They never seem to be out of diapers.
I use Huggies, but am considering switching to Pampers Crusiers now that dd is starting to crawl. I never have a problem getting size 3s, but I had a horrible time getting 2s. We even started 3s a little early because the 2s were so hard to find here.

Karin
Katie 10/24/02

spu
07-17-2003, 08:24 AM
Yes!! I know exactly what you mean. they never have size 3s!! And they never have anything advertised and won't give rain checks because it says "while supplies last!" is it a scam or what? Drives me nuts. There seems to be alot of size 5s around though. Is that when babies start to get toilet trained?

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte & else

mama2be
07-17-2003, 08:36 AM
When I was pregnant I went to Target often to stock up on their new born "loving Touch" diapers I thoughtt his was the diaper for us until Beth and Sparkeze shed light on CDs and now I CD...but 5 out of 5 times they had none!!!!

One time I was livid and told them so...:)

But I never thought of it that way but yes you are right I can add that to my reason for CDing...I forgot about that until seeing this thread...That must be a pain if you already have the baby and do ned diapers!!!

EDited because I noticed I called dear Beth "Veth" :)...

lizajane
07-17-2003, 10:16 AM
i am sure it would be hard to start now with CDs but i am CRAZY about cloth!!! an idea- what if you got a few "all in ones" or a few prefolds and a cover or two just to have for backup? you could get prowrap covers for $6ish each and a few $2 each prefolds. maybe too big of a hassle for a non-cd baby, but just an idea for when you have a diaper emergency!

KimberleyDawn
07-17-2003, 11:07 AM
Canadian here so most of the stores you have we don't! There is a Costco near me but their bulk Pampers are Baby Dry. Just to give you an example of the cost differences between us--Cruisers Mega size 3 will cost you $20+ and Mega Jumbo's are $25+!!!
Hmmm...I love my Cruisers but with cd's you always have them and in the long run cheaper...maybe just maybe...
Kim

lizajane
07-17-2003, 04:46 PM
check out earthbaby.com or naturalbabies.com if you want to look into cloth diapers. if you are thinking about it at all, definitely check out some websites or some cd chat on the message boards. i am so happy using cloth, and i even wash mine at home. it doesn't inconvience me at all. i never use disposables. SO much cheaper! and best for baby (although i certainly respect disposable users, too! whatever works best for you!)

brubeck
07-17-2003, 05:48 PM
Doesn't Shoppers Drug Mart have Cruisers on sale every so often? Kmart should also have them.

It's so funny that you say that you can't find the size 3s. The places I go (out here in CA) always run out of the size 5s first! I guess it's just where you hang out. Tell you what, I'll pick up some size 3s for you and you can pick up some size 5s next time I need them and we'll use our mental powers to beam them to the right place. :-)

But actually I don't go diaper shopping that often. When I see a good sale I STOCK UP. And I mean stock up. Right now in the nursery closet I have the equivalent of 17 jumbo packs of size 3, 10 jumbo packs of size 4 and 4 jumbo packs of size 5. This is mostly from the most recent sale at TRU where they had Cruisers cases (equivalent to 2 jumbos) for US$18 and I had a 15% off coupon (good on all of them) and a stack of manufacturer coupons. I managed to get each case for about US$13 after all that.

Also, you can often use US coupons in Canada and vice versa. My friend and I used to do it all the time. We would take the Canadian coupons that said $X off and use them in the US (since they were higher in absolute dollar value) and take the US coupons that said get X for $Y and use them in Canada. So we used $10 off coupons at the Olive Garden in Buffalo and got a large pepperoni pizza for $3.99 at Pizza Hut in Toronto. Technically you're not supposed to do this but in my experience cashiers almost never check.