PDA

View Full Version : Way OT- what do you use for your "beauty regime"?

cdlamis
07-18-2003, 04:03 PM
I know this has nothing to do with babies but I figured I could ask here because it seems as if all the ladies here buy (or at least want!) the best for their babies so you probably buy the best for yourself too!
What products do you use for your skin care (face) regime? What is good? The spa where I go to recommends Dermalogica but I don't know if thats just because they sell it there too.
Any suggestions? I don't mind it being a little $$ but it has to be worth it.
TIA-
Daniella and Julia 6-13-02

Zansu
07-18-2003, 05:17 PM
Here's a web site to check out that has lots of reviews of various product lines

www.cosmeticconnection.com

You can search for products, read the roundups (foundation, mascara, etc.), or find a reviewer who has similar coloring, skin type, and environmental issues, and then check out all of her reviews.

I 'm currently using Neutrogena products for skincare so I can splurge on MAC, Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier cosmetics. In the past, I've used DHC, Murad, Karin Hertzog, Guinot, Clairins, Chanel and others. I always end up back with Neutrogena b/c it doesn't have any fragrance, it's not terribly expensive, and it's easy to find.

HTH

AngelaS
07-18-2003, 08:58 PM
Mary Kay. :) My sister's a dealer so I get it CHEAP! :D

blnony
07-18-2003, 09:43 PM
I use Kiehl's products. I love them. Audrey uses their baby line of products.
They are kind of pricey, but I swear by them.

kathsmom
07-18-2003, 10:33 PM
Hi, Daniella!

I always swear by the book "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me" by Paula Begoun. It is great! Her newest edition (and unfortunately her last one) is out at book stores and on her website. She will continue to publish her bi-monthly newsletter. I let my subscription lapse, so I better get back on the bandwagon!LOL!

I use her skin care products and they are very reasonably priced and are fragrance and dye free. I have rosacea and oily skin and her products have helped me a lot. I took them to my dermatologist, and even though she had never heard of the products, she approved my use of them. The only down side is that you have to order them, but I order several at a time so it's a while before I run out. I only use the facial cleanser for normal/oily skin and the toner (her advice for rosacea skin is that less is better). My mom uses Estee Lauder and she gives me the sample sizes of the Advanced Night Repair for Eyes when she gets the gift with purchase (I can't afford to buy it - it's 45.00 for a small jar!!).

Paula's website is www.cosmeticscop.com . She has a 100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with her product.

HTH!

beckyr88
07-18-2003, 10:52 PM
I've been wanting to ask the same thing!!! Right now I'm using Clinique Repairwear night cream, which I like a lot.

Also, I don't leave the house without Lorac lip gloss in Amethyst, which I think would be perfect for most skin tones, just LOVE it. I also just replaced the pink and green Maybelinne mascara with Clinique's Long Pretty Lashes, which is really good, I think. And not TOO expensive (~$12).

SO curious to see what everyone else uses!!! One of my favorite uses of the BBjorn is using it while I put on my makeup....

Marisa6826
07-18-2003, 11:44 PM
I use Aveda skincare and MAC makeup (with the exception of Aveda mascara which I love).

As much as I loved the Kiehl's stuff, it was making my face break out. I do still use Kiehl's moisurizer for my legs.

-m

barbarhow
07-19-2003, 12:48 AM
I've always been a huge fan of clinique moisturizer and mascara, The rest of my make up is Bobby Brown. Her products seem to be very understated and my very sensitive skin tolerates them well. My favorite is her bronzing powder-I never leave the house without it-I use it instead of foundation-gives just a subtle hint of color without that foundation mess. Also she makes a pale pink powdered blush-it looks shockingly pink in the compact but goes on very sheer-it is great. These are my 2 don't leave the house without its... HTH
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

DCmommy
07-19-2003, 03:39 AM
Every October, Allure magazine (my absolute favorite since the first day it was published) does a "best of beauty" issue that gives recommendations for the editor's favorite products, plus the products that readers voted for in both "expensive department store" and "inexpensive drug store" categories. This includes makeup, hair, skincare, body, basically everything you can think of and some things you haven't! I've followed their reccommendations for new products, and have never been disappointed. In fact, I've completely overhauled my "beauty regimen" (to the extent that I have such a thing) in the last year, and I feel like I look better and I expend less energy in the process. Simplicity is key!

I can't wait for the new issue this coming October, but I've actually "archived" last year's issue, if you're interested in anything specific!

Megan
Mommy to Patrick, 1/16/03

MartiesMom2B
07-19-2003, 09:25 AM
Another Mary Kay user here. I get it for wholesale price so its the cheapest and most effective for me.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

lukkykatt
07-19-2003, 01:07 PM
I am a marketer's dream when it comes to beauty products. Have tried almost every skincare line under the sun, but always end up back with Neutrogena. I find their products simple and effective, and way less expensive.

For makeup, I use all different products. Right now, I love things that help me get out the door fast - no time for long rituals. The things I can't do without are: Lancome's tinted moisturizer, Maybelline Great Lash mascara and Clinique's lip gloss.

C99
07-19-2003, 04:14 PM
Who has time for a beauty regime?? Seriously though, I've always had success with Clinque's extra-mild soap ($12/bar), followed by BeneFit's rosewater toner ($12-18/btl) and Aveda's hydrating face lotion ($11-18/btl).