PDA

View Full Version : Someone pinch me, she's sleeping through the nite!

flagger
07-20-2003, 08:15 PM
Seven hours on Friday night/Saturday morning. Ten and a half hours last night! (Ok that was a little long, but she only got one nap all day and she was beat). It is now 2100 on Sunday and she is down for the night after three good naps today.

Yes it may be a little early to start sleep training, but if she is not protesting we are not going to fight it.

Yeah Weissbluth!!!

houseof3boys
07-20-2003, 08:25 PM
Wow! Looks like I better start reading Weissbluth for Ryan.

Hope things are going well with Mrs. Flagger's milk production!

mama2be
07-20-2003, 10:04 PM
Wonderful news!!!!

flagger
07-20-2003, 10:14 PM
>Hope things are going well with Mrs. Flagger's milk
>production!

Better thanks for asking. The LC came by today (at no charge which is unbelieveable in itself) and she had gained over 5 ounces in a week. It gets a little better each day. We are still supplementing about 3 parts EBM to 1 part formula as she does need to eat.

We just ordered some Domiperidone from New Zealand which she will take in conjunction with the Fenugreek. She also is going to start drinking a protein shake to get some extra calories which might help boost milk production.

She is trying to nurse as often as possible, but taking Cocoa to her office each day is just not going to happen.

Thanks for asking.

AngelaS
07-21-2003, 06:30 AM
My girls were both sleeping thru the night at 3 months and it was WONDERFUL! :) Enjoy it!

peanut4us
07-21-2003, 08:42 AM
Well i hate to be the wet blanket... but our DD too started sleeping through the night around 8 weeks, and i mean sleeping through the night! We would put her down between 7-8 and she would sleep until at least 6. Oh for those days again. i was a whole new woman! Every night i would go to sleep and think "she is probably going to wake up tonight and that is ok" trying to psyche myself out because i was getting mighty attached to that sleep. The exactly at 13 weeks she woke up in the middle of the night.

i put her back to bed and she woke 2 hours later in hysterics, so i fed her and felt sooooo bad. she ate like there really might not be a tomorrow. The next day i posted about it and got unanimous advice saying if she's up, feed her. she's too little to con me.

She hasn't slept through since and she is almost 17 weeks. What i found to be really interesting is that days after she started waking up again, she got sick. maybe her body knew it needed more food to fight it off? in any case... she's been a relatively sick litt;e girl since then. She's just started getting better, so I'm hoping she'll stop her middle of the night eating soon.

Good luck to you!

cchavez
07-21-2003, 09:10 AM
Congratulations...my 12 wk old just started sleeping for 7 hr stretche....7-2 a few nites ago but gets me up several times from then on....

I have read Weisbluth...but are you sleeping trainign already...CIO???

Please share was info. that you got from the book that helped your baby sleep thru the nite.

What helped us was putting him to bed earlier...also for naps i try to follow the 2 hour rule and put him down close to 9 and 1.

But we still have a long way to go in the sleeping department!

cinrein
07-21-2003, 09:12 AM
Hooray!

Anna started sleeping longer than 6 hour stretches at 9 weeks. She now only wakes up an night if for some reason she didn't get enough to eat during the day, which is rare. I remember the first few times Anna slept so long it was no fun for me cuz I still woke up at our appointed hour with FULL breasts. It takes a few days for "the girls" to get used to the new routine and allow mama to enjoy the long night.

Glad to hear Cocoa and her mama are doing so well. I didn't reply to your other post with Cocoa's "bathing" picture, but she really looks beautiful and healthy!

Cindy
Mama to Anna 2/11/03

slknight
07-21-2003, 09:18 AM
Hooray! Some babies will definitely sleep through the night at an early age.

And it might be the start of a trend. Alex has slept through the night since about 7 weeks. At first it was a 6-hour stretch. Now the past week or so, he has been sleeping 10 hour stretches consistently and he's only 13 weeks. So bf babies definitely can do it. Of course he eats non-stop when he's awake, but that's ok.

So congrats! And I'll keep my fingers crossed that she keeps doing it.

Susan and Alex (04/18/03)

flagger
07-21-2003, 09:20 AM
Well, I am trying to think positively here. If she is taking to it, we believe getting her into a routine now will be beneficial for all of us over the long haul.

We know that there will be days outside of the routine (like tomorrow 4 shots!!!), but if we can not stress about getting out of the routine, then we can all get back into it the next day.

mamahill
07-21-2003, 04:15 PM
Fabulous! Isn't it amazing what a good night's rest will do for everyone?! I have a whole new appreciation for sleeping through the night (all of us). Here's to more 'Sleeping Beauty' nights ahead...

StaceyKim
07-21-2003, 04:20 PM
my baby is the same age. he was sleeping through the night but now is waking again (just once a night) for more food. how much is your baby drinking during the day?

flagger
07-21-2003, 08:04 PM
Yes it is amazing. Day four and at 2015 she was down for the night with nary a peep.

Now to remember what it was like to be a couple. (But that is for another thread).

slknight
07-22-2003, 06:35 AM
Hi Stacey,

Not sure how much (quantity-wise) he's drinking during the day because he's breastfed. I will say that he eats a lot while he's up - every 2 hours in the morning and afternoon, and then pretty much non-stop between 6 and 8 pm before he goes to sleep.

There was a stretch about a week and a half ago where he was up once every night to eat for a couple days. I attribute this to the 12 week growth spurt because he's now back to sleeping (and for even longer at night). Maybe that's what you're in right now?

Susan and Alex (04/18/03)

StaceyKim
07-22-2003, 08:18 AM
Wow, he's a hungry little guy! My DS goes about every 3-4 hours. Well, he's 13 weeks now. How long does the growth spurt last???