PDA

View Full Version : Government may consider ending OTC sales of Ipecac

flagger
07-21-2003, 08:16 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2003/HEALTH/07/21/ipecac.or.not.ap/index.html

Vajrastorm
07-21-2003, 08:25 PM
Thank god! (I haven't read the link, but think its a great idea)

jojo2324
07-21-2003, 09:11 PM
Huh. Of course I just bought one bottle because my ped was adamant that I do so and carry it with me at all times. I was actually thinking I should buy one for the diaper bag, Grandpa's, the bathroom...

I have had to call Poison Control three times already though...

dogmom
07-21-2003, 10:04 PM
Hmm, I wonder. I haven't had to call on my son yet, but I have had to call the animal poison control number three times. Oh, and that one isn't free! The joys of owning Labs. I can tell you exactly how many micrograms per kilogram of chocolate a dog can eat before he does damage to himself. It turns out it makes a difference if it is milk or dark chocolate. Makes me wonder if pouring hydrogen peroxide down the throats of humans have the same effect as in dogs. We are never without hydrogen peroxide now since my DH was outside the CVS pharmacy in the snow in his slippers with our 5 month old black Lab that our cat had just tried to kill by knocking over the older dogs arthritis medication. She has just started knocking my DH's aspirin. I think she is practicing to knock off my son.;) Actually, she is the major reason I am buying a locking medicine cabinet.