PDA

View Full Version : Update to should i wake up the oncall pediatrician?

peanut4us
07-22-2003, 04:58 AM
Update:

So in the light of day I said to myself "Duh, of course you should have called the oncall ped" Gah! My poor baby. We all ended up falling asleep and when we woke up her fever ahd broken. We took her to the Dr that day and he retested her for another UTI. The preliminary results were negative, which my ped said was a good thing because that makes him less concerned about a serious kidney/bladder reflex thing. So he thought maybe she picked up something viral or bacterial. We had blood drawn today but her fever is still sporadic...normal, low grade, then high. It's the weirdest thing. He did say he was feeling pretty posistive that it wasn't MENINGITIS! Hullo! Don't tell me that! I don't want to know that was even in the realm of possibility.

In any case, they are running more tests on her urine sample and the blood work should be back by about 2. Cross your fingers for us that is just a dumb virus.

Previous post:
my dd had a urinary tract infection and finished her antiobiotic last friday. Sunday she had a low grade fever, and we scheduled an appt for later today. but dd just woke up crying with a temp of 104.7.

we gave her tylenol and I'm feeding her. Should I call the oncall Dr? or just wait and go in first thing when the office opens? It's so hard to know because I know kids can have insanely high temps before it's really serious, but I don't know if that applies to her since she just had a UTI?

Anyone?

heidi_timms
07-22-2003, 05:16 AM
I'm up-can't sleep:). 104 seems dangerously high. I would call the oncall Dr.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

Rachels
07-22-2003, 07:53 AM
If you haven't already, CALL! And please let us know how she's doing.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

MartiesMom2B
07-23-2003, 04:39 PM
Joey:

I hope the tests come out ok. One of my friends daughter had the bladder reflux and it didn't sound like fun.

Thanks for the update!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03