PDA

View Full Version : Zantac dosage for 18 lb baby?

Rachels
07-22-2003, 04:14 PM
Abigail is having reflux symptoms! What's up with THAT?! She has been off Zantac for months. I'm assuming this is temporary, but she does seem uncomfortable. I just called in to refill her Zantac, but I have no idea what the dosage is for her current weight (18 lbs). Does anybody know?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

partyof5
07-22-2003, 04:19 PM
Sorry to hear about Abigails's reflux syptoms. I don't know the dosage but The pharmacist should be able to tell you the correct dosage for her weight when you pick up her prescription.

~Cindy
mommy to...
Isabella (1999)
Sophia (2001)
Ethan (2003)

ismommy
07-22-2003, 04:20 PM
Hi Rachel,

Our ped had told me with reflux it can come back if Isaeballa got a cold, ear infections or even teething. I have noticed her symptoms got worse at these times. Isbabella took 1 CC of Zantac 2 or 3 times a day when she was a little under 19 pounds. I would check with your ped.

I hope that the symptoms clear up quickly and that Abigial feels better soon.

Helene
Isabella's mommy

Rachels
07-22-2003, 04:47 PM
Thanks, that actually soothes my worried mind. She is teething miserably at the moment. I can see a red abrasion on her gum-- can it possibly be a molar?! That's where it is, but so far she only has her first two bottom teeth, so I would think a molar would be an odd third tooth to get. Her whole mouth is alternately terribly red and very white, though, so I think she must have lots of teeth moving. She is NOT a happy girl, and definitely not a sleeping girl. Then just yesterday, she started with the arching and gasping, and today she choked and woke up from her nap. Arrgh.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

Marisa6826
07-22-2003, 04:48 PM
Rachel-

Sophie's 15 lbs. and gets 1.3cc twice a day. Have you tried your ped office?

-m

atlbaby
07-22-2003, 08:14 PM
It may be a molar. Arielle has had the weirdest pattern in getting her teeth. She got her two bottom ones just before a year, then two top ones followed by one on either side, and then nothing until 15 months when her bottom molars came in. So it very well may be that Abigail is getting molars even though she hasn't filled in the rest. Makes for a HUGE gap, but it's very very cute:) (not the process, however).

I hope the Zantac helps!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2EDD 10/24/03-Another Girl!:)