PDA

View Full Version : trip to la/time change

julieann
07-22-2003, 08:58 PM
My ds is now 13 weeks old and will be 15 weeks when we travel from chicago to san diego for four days! What do I do with him regarding his sleeping and the time change. He is now sleeping through the night from 8 to 7ish consistantly for the last week.. any suggestions for the trip and the trip home.........??
do we stay on chicago time?
do we just go with the flow?
we are in a hotel and want to be able to go out to dinner as he is still portable in the car seat, but is this a bad idea?
HELP!!!

Julie,
mom to sam
4-25-03

C99
07-22-2003, 09:13 PM
Julie,

I did a similar trip at a similar age (Chicago to San Francisco) with Nate and he was fine. He actually slept better while we were out there. We just sort of went with the flow. You'll probably stay on Chicago time for the most part, but he will adjust a bit to the differences in lightness. Keep routines where you can, watch Sam's cues and you should be fine. Have fun!

KathyO
07-22-2003, 10:16 PM
We went from Ontario to British Columbia (same time diff) to visit in-laws, and DD never did make the changeover in two whole weeks, in spite of our best efforts. We just accustomed ourselves to one of us dragging our butt out of bed at an obscene hour, bundling DD into her stroller, and cruising for early-opening coffee shops. (Met some nice people that way, actually.) So you may find that the decision is made for you, by DS himself.

The funny part was then travelling down to San Francisco for my brother's wedding. Our hotel was on Lombard St., one block away from a gorgeous, brand-new, fenced-in playground. It was common to see haggard-looking folks there early in the day, with kids and with luggage tags still on their strollers... "I've never seen so many tired-looking women in my life," commented DH after taking a morning shift (with the usual unerring caffeine instinct, he sniffed out the Starbuck's on the next block within minutes). "They should put cots in that playground."

Good luck!

Cheers,

KathyO

julieann
07-23-2003, 05:27 PM
You guys made me feel a lot better about the trip thanks! anyone else have any suggestions?