PDA

View Full Version : just wanted to post and share how much I miss hawaii!

cchavez
07-23-2003, 12:13 PM
DH and I have vacationed there the past 2 summers for at least 2 weeks each time. DH used to travel alot for work and had tons of AA miles and hotel miles. Both times we traveled first class and got to stay at really nice hotels for free....so that left all of our money to enjoy activities, eating....etc! GOD I miss it! DS was conceived in hawaii last year....i wish we could go back soon but it will be awhile before ds appreciates hawaii and if we have #2 it will be even longer before we go back.

I have been watching the Travel channel alot and it makes me yearn for hawaii and just traveling in general!

mharling
07-23-2003, 12:19 PM
I understand! While dh and I only went once, it was free using my airline miles for 1st class tickets and dh's hotel points for an awesome suite. We were able to splurge on meals and things to do since we hardly paid for the big-ticket items.

I don't know if this is the case now, but this spring, airfare was INCREDIBLY cheap to Hawaii (so much that it would make sense to buy a ticket and save the miles).

Hmm, now you're giving me the travel bug. Maybe we'll need to go to Hawaii this winter. I would even consider taking ds. Hmm....... :)

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3237413c427 - New 6/18

brubeck
07-23-2003, 12:29 PM
I know what you're talking about too! My husband and I are cruise addicts and last year (when Amy was 18 months and I was 8 weeks into my pregnancy with Andrew) we cruised Hawaii. Of course Amy was at home with her grandparents!

We had such a wonderful time, and we really need a vacation this year, but unfortunately can't swing it because Andrew is just too young. We already have the grandparents booked for next year though!

I do recommend the cruise: fabulous food, nice accomodations and transportation to almost all the islands. If you can leave your baby with someone I know they have a bunch of good deals on Hawaii cruises for this Fall.

JustMare
07-23-2003, 01:38 PM
I am dying for a vacation!!!! DH and I used to travel alot!! When I was working we'd travel at least 2 or 3 times a year. We had a nice vacation this past May, but I'm truly in need of another one!

I've been so sick these past few weeks (worst morning sickness ever!) that I can't wait until next week to enter my second trimester. Since DH has been feeling so helpless and sorry for me I'm trying to talk him into a last vacation for us two. I really would like to take a cruise. They now have 2 ships (the Dawn and the Legend) that depart year round out of NYC. I'm hoping to talk him into it and be on board by October/November!!!!

brubeck
07-23-2003, 04:07 PM
I did cruises when I was pregnant both times and loved it! Just remember that you can't use the hot tubs, and that usually the only kind of milk available is 2%. Otherwise you'll have a great time relaxing and letting them make all the special food you crave! :-)

If you really want to cruise in October/November keep surfing the cruise websites. There are almost always good deals to be had 'last minute' at that time of year.

himom
07-23-2003, 04:49 PM
Me, too. And I live here!

Our last vacation was to Kauai, and I took it as an opportunity to announce the imminent arrival of DS. We haven't had a vacation since, so I've been dropping big hints to DH. You know...

"Wasn't Kauai nice last year? Do you think Josh is ready to fly yet? Wouldn't it be nice to check out the aquarium on Maui? Don't we have some frequent flier miles saved up?" Etc, etc.

I realize I live 20 minutes from what I think are the most gorgeous beaches in the world, but they seem really inaccessible with a 5 month old. I want a hotel right on the water where I can leave DS & DH in the room napping and hit the beach for a single, luxurious hour! Oh, to lie out and tan without worrying about Josh getting a sunburn!

I'm getting so desperate I'm watching the commercials for trips to Hawaii and getting envious!

Okay, sorry about the long rant. Back to previously scheduled programming.

Jodi
Mommy to Joshua, born February 2003

cchavez
07-23-2003, 05:12 PM
Wow!I would give anything to live in Hawaii. Our dream is to retire there. Kauai and Maui were both great!

brubeck
07-23-2003, 05:16 PM
My friend has one of those little folding kid tents. She has used it on the beach with her kids in Hawaii on 2 different trips. If you and your huisband both go then one of you can lie right in front of the entrance to watch Josh while the other goes swimming.

The one she has is something like this:

http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp?lGen=detail&itemID=1289&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=1289&change=117

although I'm sure you could find it cheaper than at One Step Ahead.